Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, April 12, 2015

2 week review

Some of the things that have happened in the last 2 weeks:

  • STAAR testing for Damon
  • Birthday party invite for Tyler.  They went swimming in their back yard pool and Tyler almost drowned.  Yep, swimming lessons are in the works.
  • Watched Interstellar with Doug- it was good.
  • Easter - see next post
  • Found a new park
  • Dentist trip for Tyler to fix some old fillings.  He does really well - much better than Damon.  He just furrows his brow and doesn't like it, but at least he holds still and doesn't cry or wig out.
  • Registered Chris for kindergarten!
  • Tried a new hairstyle - thanks Pinterest. 
  • Chris catches whatever sickness the girls had - he had a fever for a couple of days. 
  • Youth Protection Training and Day camp training for Doug and I (3 hours of "fun" j/k).  I had to ask a mom to come put my kids to bed because it was YW night.
  • Found Kaylee asleep in her closet.
  • Presidency meeting - I've been working hard on our "Great to be 8" packet.
  • Got to go to the Houston Temple for the first time.  I did initiatories.  It is a beautiful temple and I'm so glad I got to go.  I even was able to pick up some curtains on the way home, so that was a bonus. 
  • Late night shopping at Walmart.  I took my time, and found some good summer things and other stuff we needed.  I left at 8:30 and got home at 11:00.  It was crazy busy in the store and we all wanted to leave at the same time it seemed.  They only had 2 regular lines open, besides the 20 or less line and self checkout.  Those two lines were long - I think I waited 15-20 minutes.  Nuts!
  • Watched some more 24.  Doug and I watch an episode when we have a chance.
  • Found a lizard and frog in our backyard.  We have seen others too.  The kids like it, I'm not so sure. :) 

  • Went on a bike ride with the cub scouts on Saturday.  Doug actually dropped Chris and the girls off with me at the end and we were going to meet them.  But I waited too long and we meet up with them just a block after we started.  But we had fun playing at the park and exploring.  There were a little lake and some trails we followed.  I biked back to the beginning to drive the truck back to the end.  The bike trail is paved and goes through a green space.  It was just like riding through walls of green.  So pretty.  We were nervous it was going to rain on us, but it was perfect weather - not too hot and not too sunny. 








We had some excitement last night.  My breathing problems had started back up this week, around Tuesday.  So all week I was still having a hard time taking a deep breathe or yawning.  My chest would hurt sometimes and my neck and throat started to hurt as well.  So last night I was reading a book and my chest was still hurting.  As Doug and I were reading before going to bed I was just laying on our bed and really worrying about my chest hurting.  I was afraid that I was maybe having a small heart attack - if that's even possible to have a small one.  Anyway, my mind got really worked up and I started breathing too fast and then I got faint and my arms and legs got tingling and I started feeling really weird. So I thought that I was having some really big problem and things just kept feeling worse.  So I told Doug to call 911 - it was a pretty scary feeling.  But I was really afraid that I was going to faint or go unconscious.  


I had already taken some aspirin, but dispatch told me to chew another one - it didn't taste very good.  They got there pretty quick and we had called our RS president and she came over in case we needed to go to the hospital.  They took my pulse, blood sugar, heart rate and stuck some wires on me and checked my oxygen levels.  They told me that everything looked fine but I was just breathing too fast and needed to calm down.  By this time my arms were cramping and I couldn't extend my fingers very well.  But when they told me I wasn't having a heart attack, that helped me a bit.  I focused on my breathing and started to feel better.  I just rested there for a bit and I had to make the decision whether to let them go or have them take me to the hospital.  I was feeling better but I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to calm all the way back down in order to sleep.  I asked Doug and he said we could see how it goes and then we could call them back or just drive into the hospital ourselves later if we needed to.  That sounded good so we let the paramedics go and the RS president.  

I was still light-headed and dizzy, but Doug put on some Studio C and some Jimmy Falcon clips for me to watch.  Laughing solves everything :).  I slowing started feeling almost normal and I felt tired enough to fall asleep.  I slept well until the girls came in to wake us up around 6:00.  (we went to bed around 1:00).  Doug was nice and got up with the kids and let me sleep until about 7:15.  

So pretty crazy night, never had to call 911 before.  So I need to have a regular Dr. appt and see if I can fix my breathing problem so I don't have another anxiety attack.  I am doing ok today, still don't feel 100% - but I know that I'll be ok.  

2 comments:

Rob & Emily Willardson Family said...

Scary! I hope you feel better quickly! I found pictures the other day from swimming lessons with your boys. Fun times! Hope you all and a great Easter! Looks like you had fun!

Tannie Datwyler said...

You live in such a beautiful place and you are such a good mom. I am sorry you are not feeling well - that is REALLY the worst. Please keep us updated.