Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Easter 2015

We did most of our Easter stuff on Saturday.  The kids found their baskets and we went to the neighborhood egg hunt.  It was bad because kids and parents started early.  We got there 5 minutes early but just as someone decided to start - it was madness, so we didn't get many eggs - which was fine.  Lots of parents were upset and they'll probably do something different next year to prevent it from happening again.  Damon was sad that he didn't get to look for the golden egg that you could exchange for a prize.  He wanted the Big Hero 6 DVD that was displayed.  Coincidentally we had already planned on giving it to them that day anyways and he was happy when we gave it to the family later in the day at our egg hunt.  

I just did a pretty simple basket this year.  The girls got some notebooks, hair clips, bracelets, and bubbles.  The boys got a bouncy ball, punching balloons, and bubbles.  They all got a big ball that they like to jump with on the tramp.  They also got some Legos in their eggs that went to a new Spider-man set.  They were pretty excited about that.  We also put some money in the eggs too.  Chris really liked that.   













 The looks of Chris when he discovered the money:



 Damon excited for Big Hero 6:

 Kaylee has a sweet tooth and would have eaten all of her candy if I had let her.  She didn't want to part with her basket for nap time.  She pulled a huge fit when I made her leave it in the kitchen.


We listened to conference as best we could.  The kids do pretty well with Bingo on Sunday morning.  They listen close and get excited when they find a word.  We were very excited to hear about a Thailand Temple being built.  Doug and I both got a bit teary-eyed and Doug found out on FB that his mission president had been translating that session and had to leave the booth because he got so emotional when he heard the announcement.

I made a nice dinner with lots of dishes.  I did a bunch during the day, but Doug was good to do the ones after dinner.  We had ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls, creamed beans, carrots, cranberry jello, and fresh strawberry pie.

I am so thankful for Easter and the reminder it gives us of our Savior and the Resurrection.  He lives and because He lives we will live again.   I will be forever grateful for His amazing gift for me.

1 comment:

chanel said...

This all sounds so fun.... well except the neighborhood egg hunt- LAME! But you surely made up for it at home. Your kids are so CUTE!!

Great memories!

I love keeping up on your awesome family!