So we had a family over last Sunday for dinner and another one coming today - so those cut into my normal Blog time - so I will have to be brief today.
Damon still makes some very creative Lego things. This is the Optimus Prime from Angry Birds Transformers - note the beak for a mouth.
The boys still like to make forts.Damon reads Doug's old Calvin and Hobbes over and over.
And pulling a Calvin face for the camera!
Chris and Tyler making Transformers:
I love sleeping children :)I took some pictures for Tyler's upcoming baptism. Crazy how they get older every year.
These were the girls' spring dresses. I didn't get any really frilly Easter dresses this year.
They are pretty good sisters to each other. They are good at sharing/taking turns and play pretty well together. Though Kaylee is more of a tease and likes to run off with whatever Jenna wants. I sure am thankful for my two girls.
Jenna was not being a nice sister last Sunday and smashed Kaylee's thumb in the Primary door. We have a doctor in our ward and he looked at it and said that the base of the nail bed had been lifted out - on top of the skin. So, the nail will probably fall off as the new one grows in - or maybe it will just get pushed out slowly. It looks pretty good now for being a week ago - nail injuries just take so long to grow out. Kaylee was pretty upset - with good reason. I ended up sitting on a chair in the hall holding her (I was supposed to be roving for primary) and she fell asleep on my shoulder. She felt a lot better after that and even went into nursery for a bit.
For play group we went to our local park which has a splash pad. It was a bit chilly when it was cloudy but the kids had fun.
My mom had given us a butterfly kit awhile ago and I must have hidden it somewhere back in Colorado, but I found it again in the move. So we ordered our five caterpillars online and have enjoyed watching them grow. Three of them formed their chrysalis yesterday and the last one will today. It is such an amazing process. I'm excited to watch them turn into butterflies. :)
I can't believe I forgot to take a picture but Tyler started soccer yesterday. It was a bit crazy getting out the door. I had to wake up the girls and get everyone ready and I had just given Damon and Chris a haircut. Anyway, we finally made it and he had a good time. It had rained in the morning so the field was pretty soggy and muddy. It was also I think our first taste of a Houston summer. It was so hot and humid. I felt bad making the other kids come. We were grateful for the the shade and umbrellas we brought and the popsicles were a life saver. So we'll have to see how we survive for the next 2 months of soccer Saturdays.
So a quick summary of my health. The day pictured below (Wednesday the 15th ) I had another anxiety attack. It was in the afternoon and I called Doug to have him come home asap. He called our doctor friend and he happened to be leaving for work and he stopped by to check my blood pressure and pulse etc. It was so nice of him to come. During all of my craziness Kaylee found my new iPhone and took this picture. As soon as Doug came home I made him take the phone from Kaylee - I didn't have a case on it yet.
I had a doctor appointment scheduled for the next day and P.A. Gilbert seemed nice and she gave me some medication to try. The next 2 days were pretty good, then it got bad again. I felt like I was constantly having an adrenaline rush. I could feel my heart beating all the time and two of the nights I couldn't fall asleep until 3:00 am because I felt too jittery. So I stopped taking the medication and talked to my doctor. She said that the first two weeks were the worst with side effects but that it should get better. I still just felt like we were treating a secondary condition and not the source. I would get anxious because I couldn't breath well - so I hope we can focus on that some more.
Since stopping the medication I have felt better over all but the initial problems on not being able to take deep breaths or yawn is still there sometimes. Some days I feel perfectly normal and others I feel not as great. I had a hard time in church today, but I don't think fasting helped.
I have another appointment on Thursday so I'll see where I go from here. Thanks for everyone's support. I just want to get back to normal. :)





2 comments:
Sweet C'Anne, I am so sorry you are struggling with anxiety! I will keep you in my prayers! You are amazing on so many levels!
Cute kids! I can't believe they are growing up so fast!
I'm so sorry C'Anne! That's extremely rough, and I know in a small way what you mean. I've been there too with serious adrenaline rushes, inability to sleep, and LOTS of heart pounding. I also know that it gets better... it's just finding YOUR solution, which isn't always easy.
Post a Comment