Monday: Normal day of laundry and getting household things done. I worked a lot with my calling this week. I've been working on a Cub Scout orientation sheet and I finally got that done. We have about half of our primary teachers out of town right now, so it's a constant chore to make sure we have subs and make sure they know what lesson they're on, room assignment, etc.
Kaylee had a bit of a fever, but it didn't seem bad.
Tuesday is movie day up in the Woodlands. Kaylee was well enough to go so off we went. This week was Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked. Jenna and Kaylee were asking to go home near the end but they made it.
In the afternoon I watched my friend's 4 boys. It wasn't too crazy and it gave my boys some friends to play with. Tuesday evening Doug was going with work to an Astros baseball game with Damon and Tyler then he found out that there was some miscommunication from the vendor (who was taking them to the game) and they were not given the tickets as promised. So they will try and go another time. So Damon and Tyler went to scouts instead.
Wednesday we had some other friends over in the morning and then we went swimming after naps. I also did a quick trip to the grocery store when Doug came home from work. After we got the kids to bed I went to GNO. We watched Mom's Night Out. I hadn't seen it yet and it was cute and funny. I even got a little teary eyed. It was a great mom movie and I needed to hear some of the advice given. I was surprised that it was a bit religious. You don't see that very often.
Thursday Doug left to go to Kansas City for the LifeVantage convention. He did the trip up with a break and spent the night with one of our friends from Colorado that moved to Bentonville, Arkansas to work for Wal-mart. We switched vehicles so that he had better gas mileage and so I could get the oil changed in the truck. I went to take it in Thursday morning and first off couldn't find the place. I called and they told me Google Maps was wrong - yep, that's why I couldn't find it. Then he said they were booked for the next few days. I'll just have Doug get it done.
Then we went to the Woodland's Children Museum. We were meeting another family there but my friend had a crazy morning and got there an hour after we did. But we still had a fun time. Damon was bored at first but had fun once his friend got there. I have a video of Damon saving Jenna from a dragon and then slaying the beast. Pretty funny.
Thursday evening I had a Cub Scout orientation meeting that we had set up for all the new 8 year old scouts coming in and for any families that had moved in that were new to our pack. It was good to give them an overview of what the new program was like and how to use the new Scout Book website to keep track of everything. It is a great program. Someone made it awhile ago and the BSA liked it so much they acquired it earlier this year. Damon was good to watch Chris and the girls while Tyler and I were gone. He sent me some amusing texts from the iPad during the meeting. :)
Friday we took a breather from the previous busy days and just chilled at home and then went swimming in the afternoon.
Saturday I wanted to do something so we went up to the mall to go to the indoor play area and visit the Lego store. My boys are really too big for this area but we went early before it got too crowded. We stopped by the Disney store too on our way out.
They had this Mixel set for half off at the Lego store, so of course I had to buy it. :)
They are doing a lot of construction at the entrance to our neighborhood, building a new major beltway. Our main road was closed so we had to wait in a long line at the detour. We went home a different way to avoid that intersection.
No comments:
Post a Comment