Monday Chris went to the dentist for the first time. He did a pretty good job. He was nervous and cried a bit during the x-rays but overall I would said it was a success. He didn't have any cavities so that was great news. There is a doughnut place next to the dentist office (appropriate right?) so I bought him a doughnut. He got a cool stealth fighter jet toy from the dentist so he was pretty excited about that too.
In the afternoon we went swimming at a friend's house. They have just barely moved into this house, and she is excited to have a pool. It has a slide and some rocks you can jump from. I'll have to take pictures the next time we go - it is a fun pool.
Tuesday we didn't go to the movies and the boys just wanted to stay home and play. And amazingly they played together very well all morning - it was great!. They pretended they were bounty hunters and had fun playing Star Wars stuff.
We had scouts in the evening. Tyler earned his Bobcat rank and Damon received some Webelos pins and a belt-loop for his first adventure in the new program.
We had the Rain Gutter Regatta after the awards. The boys all had a lot of fun. They just formed two lines and you raced whoever you matched up with. It was nice to have a more casual feel and not so much of a competition. The winner did get 2 starbursts, where the other only got 1. They each got to race a few times and we even had Doug and Tyler race and Chris raced Damon. Damon was such a good brother and let Chris win. I got it on video and it was so touching to see how excited Chris was and I could tell Damon felt good serving his little brother. Such a good example for our family.
Wednesday morning Tyler had to go get his expander fixed. It had broken loose from his back molars on one side. I felt bad for him. They had to really tug on the other side to get it to come off, then they had to clean it off, clean his teeth, and then glue it back in. The other kids love it when Tyler has an appointment. The orthodontist has an arcade room where they can play all sorts of games. Of course I have to let Tyler play for a bit when he is done. :)
Since we were already out and about we went to McDonald's for ice cream cones and to play. It's good to have some indoor activities to do in this heat.
Thursday morning my visiting teachers came - we are all good friends so it is fun to visit. We had some friends come over and play at our house in the afternoon as well - so it was a fun play day.
Friday I watched my friend's kids in the morning, then we went over to another friend's house in the afternoon. We did a lot of stuff with friends this week :) I tried a new Thai curry rice dish that was good. Doug and I watched a bit of the Sherlock series in the evening. I stayed up and finished it, but Doug didn't quite make it. The relaxing couch was calling :)
Saturday was a lot of fun. Two friends and I headed up a community swapping event. We invited everyone to come and drop off stuff and then everyone was welcome to take home anything they wanted. We had a pretty good turn out. People brought lots of stuff and we ended up taking two van/truck-fulls to Good Will. But I had a blast. I love finding things for me and the kids and things for the house. I even got a guitar!! We have been having fun trying it out. I printed out the fingerings and managed to pluck out Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
This is the stuff I got rid off - it felt so good to clean out closets and de-junk a bit.
After we dropped the stuff off at Good Will, my friend Kari and I went out for lunch. It was so much fun. We really get a long and it was great to get out of the house and do something fun. We ate a burger place call Moo Yah. It was soooo good. I will definitely be going back. We were going to get shakes too but we were too full. We shared an order of small sweet potato fries and we didn't even eat it all. At home I realized that I had planned to make turkey burgers for dinner, oh well. I was still so full from lunch that I didn't eat one anyway.
It was a good week, but felt so long. We only have 3 more weeks until school starts. I am mostly ready. I still have to get some supplies of glue sticks and some paper. I'm getting excited - I don't know about the boys though!

1 comment:
Yay for the guitar! I royally stink at it (fat fingers). Rob definitely has the musical talent in our family! Cute kids! Looks like you all have done a lot of fun activities!
Post a Comment