This week we did the normal laundry on Monday and Scouts on Tuesday. I think we went swimming during the week - I can't remember, writing this a couple of weeks late :(
Wednesday was Relief Society and we had a bunch of mini classes to help get ready for school. Some of them were tips on eating healthy and crock pot meals or make-ahead ideas. Another was on time management. They asked me and a friend to do a class about hair, so we demonstrated a few ideas on her little girl. I had looked online for some ideas and these were some of the ones we tried at home.
After the classes we did a get to know you game. You had to tell a neighbor all about yourself in 30 seconds and then you switched, then the line moved down one and you did the same with the next person. We two big lines so it took awhile but it was fun. We all stayed quite late visiting. They served cinnamon whole wheat waffles, they were very tasty.
Thursday we went to Pump it Up. It's a bouncy house place. They have quite a few inflatables to jump and slide on. The kids only last about 1 1/2 hours, but it is fun. We bought a Groupon so it only ended up being $2 each, so that was good.
My friend owed me some babysitting so Doug and I went out to eat with another couple on Friday night. We went to a place called Bernie's Backyard. It basically is a bunch of food trucks lined up, but they have a raised deck with ceiling fans and TVs. They had a guy playing the guitar and singing too - so that was fun. The food was a bit pricey for being from a food truck but the hamburger was very good. We had a nice time visiting and just getting out of the house together.
Saturday we were going to go to Splash Town (our local Wet 'N Wild swim park) but we realized that Chris had a bad rash - probably had Fifth Disease. It's starts with very red cheeks - sometimes it's called 'slap cheek' for this reason. Then the rash moved down to Chris's arms, neck, chest, and legs. It didn't bother him too much and there aren't any really bad problems with the illness, just cold symptoms and the rash - but it's pretty contagious and we weren't sure if the girls were infected - it spreads before you get the rash and the girls had fevers and stuffy noses. So we stayed home with sick kids.
We were also invited to a friends house for dinner, but we had to cancel that too. I still took over some rolls since that is what I was supposed to bring and they were nice and gave us some of the brisket that they had been smoking for over 20 hours. It was really good - very strong- but good.
I stayed home with the girls on Sunday. They never got a rash, but they still seemed to have colds or something. Very slight fevers, stuffy noses, and a cough.

1 comment:
You seriously amaze me with the fun things you do. Your RS sounds so fun! That activity sounds perfect. I love that you and Doug get out on dates... Richard and I don't do that enough.
Post a Comment