Another week of summer over, crazy to think we only have 2 more weeks. I'm going to miss my sleeping in (if you call 6:30 sleeping in).
Monday was a busy laundry day and just taking care of things around the house. We have started having FHE on Sunday evenings and that has worked well for us. Jenna helped give us a lesson on smiling and being happy. I made a new cookie recipe that was like a short bread tart. I thought it was yummy. Monday evening I started working on some fondant decorations for a cake I was going to make later in the week.
Tuesday we went to the Woodlands early and checked out some books from the library. We hadn't been in awhile so it was good to get some new books. Then we went to the dollar movie. This week was The Nut Job. Damon's friend Drew came with us. I went to scouts in the evening and got to watch Damon test his spaghetti bridge. It was 3 layers thick and ended up just bending through the tables but still didn't break. One of the Bear leaders owns a boa constrictor and brought it for den meeting. I got to hold it, it was pretty cool. I worked on my cake project in the evening again.
Wednesday we went swimming with some friends and Doug and I had a date in the evening. We went to a dinner/presentation for the Life Vantage company. Doug and I decided to join this company about 2 months ago and we are getting excited to start sharing the information we have learned and start building own our business group. The babysitter did a pretty good job while we were gone. It's never quite the same as when we are there - guess it's hard to replace 10 + years of parenting experience :)
So we have a local Facebook page that the mom's around here join. It's a place where people post things they want to sell, kind of like our own Craig's List. Anyway Tuesday evening I was checking my email and saw a post for a small metal cabinet/drawers used for storing Legos and it looked like the Legos were part of the sale. I showed it to Doug and he said sure. While we were talking another mom had posted a question "Are the Legos included?" The picture was of this shelf rack with Legos inside. It was selling for $50 and for that many Legos the price seemed too low. The other mom posted "Would you take $40?" and I posted "I'll take it." So it seemed like a race. The other mom posted back that she would take it for $50 and Doug and I just waited to see what the seller would say. All of our posts were listed as the same minute. I was actually surprised that she gave it to us. I felt kind of bad since the other mom had started looking at it first but we did say we would buy it as is first. We don't really need more Legos (it is a TON of Legos), but I am hoping to start a Lego club at Damon's school and these would be great for it. I asked the principle and she said that a teacher needs to sponsor the club and no one has volunteered yet, but we will see as school continues.
Thursday morning we drove up to the Woodlands - to a very nice area with a guarded entry- to pick up the Legos. Damon wasn't that thrilled when I told him what we were doing, but once he saw what the Legos were he was so excited. So all the morning the boys played with the new Legos and I started sorting them. The seller hadn't given us any instructions or said what sets were in there, but Damon and Tyler could recognize a few from the pieces. They were able to make a few Bionicle sets and they have been working on a few other. This was a huge lot of Legos and it came with this cart for only $50! I sorted all day on Thursday and we are still sorting today (Sunday). I told the boys that they could build what sets they could and pick out any cool pieces they wanted, then I was going to put away the rest. - That hasn't quite happened yet. The Legos are still all over the floor in the office :)
Random picture of Texas tortilla chips, it made me smile :)
Friday I baked the cakes I needed. I was doing birthday cakes for my friends two girls. We went swimming after dinner - it is the best time to go because part of the pool is in the shade then and it isn't so hot and bright. Doug joined us after he got home.
Saturday morning I finished the cakes. I think they turned out pretty well. It was a fun design to do and pretty easy.
Damon and Tyler went to a special Cub Scout activity from 8:00-12;00. They worked on part of the STEM award. They talked about codes, cryptography, computer programming and a few other things.
Doug got this picture of the girls during screen time - he thought it was cute their feet were in the same position.
Today I had to conduct and do sharing time. I've had to do that before a couple of times and it always seems so crazy and that I'm trying to run a 3 ring circus. The junior primary was very noisy today. I wish I was better at getting control of a large group of kids.
Over all a good week - we still deal with fighting and craziness everyday. It will be really quiet when school starts. I think the girls will miss their brothers. They miss them when they are gone for scouts. I think we find out who their teachers are this week, I hope they have some friends in their classes.

No comments:
Post a Comment