So Damon started getting sick on Friday Sept. 11 and stayed home from church. He still wasn't feeling well so he missed school on Monday and Tuesday.
Tyler started feeling sick on Monday so he also missed school Monday and Tuesday.
Jenna and Kaylee also got sick during this time, I can't remember exactly which day they started, Jenna was last to start - probably Tuesday. Kaylee was almost better by preschool but Jenna was still sick so they had to miss preschool, they were pretty sad about it.
I sent the boys to school on Wednesday but I probably shouldn't have. They still had fevers and felt yucky when they got home. But Thursday morning their fevers were gone and they were able to go to school the rest of the week and felt fine.
I started feeling sick on Wednesday. I had a fever for 4 days up until Saturday evening. My throat started to hurt on Friday but not too bad. It got worse by Saturday and I checked again and it looked like Strep to me. We have a friend in the ward who is a surgeon doctor. With it being late on a Saturday we called him and asked if he could call in a prescription for me before the pharmacies closed. He did and I was so thankful. It just saved us a long trip to the urgent care and at least $150.
So now I'm on an antibiotic and I just hope it acts fast. I woke up this morning (Sunday) still in a lot of pain - headache, sore throat, and ear ache. But I'm feeling a bit better now in the afternoon. Doug took all the kids to church by himself, I don't think he has done that before. I hope they are good for him. So I am using this nice quiet time to catch up on my blogging and resting.
I really have felt terrible the last few days, just been laying down most of the day. I feel bad not getting things done but what can you do. I would have the girls watch a movie and I would read a book or nap on the couch nearby. The one nice thing about being sick it having the time to read. I read 3 books in 3 days. "Seven Second Delay" "The Clockwork Three" and "And Then There Were None." I had read the last one in 8th grade but it was fun to re-read it. I remembered who did it, but not how.
Well, hopefully this next week will be better with us all healthy. Hopefully the germs will stay away from Doug.
1 comment:
I am SO SORRY that everyone was so sick at your house. That's the worst, but seems the to be the theme when kids go back to school.
Your co-op sounds fun, I miss mine from last year. It just didn't pan out.
And, you should NEVER feel guilty for being sick and having to take time off. I decided a while ago that I wasn't going to let things like that bother me (because being out of commission for 2 months was enough guilt to kill me if I let it). I do the best I can when I feel healthy and if I was vegging out and reading or watching movies all day when I felt totally normal then I could give myself a guilt trip! But illness deserves time off. :) I'm glad you are doing better.
Post a Comment