Also in their baskets was a kit to make your own bouncy ball. The first ones grew too much and broke the mold, but we taped Damon's so his turned out ok.
We went to the park in between sessions of General Conference. It was a beautiful day.
The kids did really well listening to conference and it was exciting to participate in the solemn assembly when Pres. Nelson was put in as the new prophet. There were some other exciting changes. The elder's quorum and high priest quorum will now be together and home teaching and visiting teaching will now just be called ministering and no more records on it beside interviews. It's very cool to see the Church progress and rise to a higher level of living.
I made a nice Easter dinner: ham, cheesy potatoes (I tried and new recipe that turned out really yummy), broccoli, carrots, rolls, and fruit. I was tired of making desserts so we had root beer floats for our treat.
During the week I visited with a friend on her birthday and made her a lava cake. I had to hurry to get it done in time since I had tried to squeeze in a trip to the store beforehand. I worked on finishing last years slide show and made it so you could access it from this blog.
Evenings this week were busy with scouts, soccer, and Tyler had two extra honor choir practices. Wednesday I hosted book group. We talked about the book Radium Girls. Such an interesting piece of history that it not talked about much. We had a great discussion and I served wheat bread, yogurt parfaits, and deviled eggs.
Thursday evening Chris had his 2nd grade program. It was called Going on a Picnic and all the kids were to dress up as bugs. Glad that Tyler had made this spider costume a couple of years ago.
Chris did a pretty good job. I couldn't see his mouth going all the time, but I think he had a fun time participating. :)
Later Thursday evening Doug went to basketball and called me shortly after he got there. I immediately knew something was up and asked what was wrong. Doug replied: "I think I may have broken my nose!' He came home and iced it and now we are just waiting for all the swelling to go down to see how it looks and decide what to do. Sorry Doug!
Saturday I went to some garage sales in the morning with my friend and found a couple of good finds and a couple of not good ones. I bought some soccer cleats, but they ended up being the wrong size. I can never remember what size everybody is. Oh well.
Damon had a soccer game, they lost and it was really cold. We were all going to go as a family, but Doug ended up watching by himself. Then we went to Tyler's Honor Choir concert. It was really good. They sang about 7 songs. I was so frustrated because there was a really tall girl right in front of Tyler. She should have been standing in the back row or moved down to the lower riser. Anyway, after the second number they re-positioned a bit and it was better so that was good.
Tyler's choir teacher Mrs. Engle.




No comments:
Post a Comment