Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Temple, Field Day, Splashtown and Stake Conference 4/22 - 4/28 2018

I had a harder time with my lesson today.  The kids were being pretty rowdy and I had to raise my voice a bit.  I really don't like doing that, but I don't know how else to make them realize that their behavior is inappropriate and I'm not going to put up with it.

It was a beautiful Sunday though and we went to the park after dinner to enjoy the not too hot weather.  Earlier at choir Damon enjoyed holding my friends baby while she was asleep.

 Monday I went to a new exercise class.  A mom in the ward is doing some dance exercise routines that are pretty easy, but fun too.  We meet on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Tuesday was crazy busy with errands, but I got a lot done then met up with my friend Kari to have lunch at a local Indian place.  It was very good and I was very hungry.   We had pack meeting in the evening.  It was Tyler's last one and he earned his Webelos Rank.  Chris earned a belt loop.

 Wednesday I went to the temple.  The temple had been closed since the hurricane/flooding in August and it just was reopened on Tuesday.  It was so good to go back.
 It's so nice when they play together nicely. :)
 Friday was field day.  I was at the school basically all day.  I was with Kaylee for the most part, but I was able to see Jenna's class too..  They had a fun time doing all of the activities.  I went home for lunch and then back again to help with Chris's class.  Once they are in 2nd grade they get to participate in the tug o' war.  They had a lot of fun.






Friday afternoon Doug left to go camping for his Scout Master training.

 Saturday was so busy!!  I went out with my friend in the morning to look at Garage sales, I found a few fun things.  The kids ate breakfast and got their jobs done all by themselves - it was awesome! Then we all went to Damon's soccer game.  It was hot!  Then we changed into our swim suits and went to Splashtown.  It was the opening day and if your went you got some free tickets for a friend.  We didn't buy Doug and pass this year, so we will be able to use those for him when he wants to go.  We had a good time, but the kids started getting cold - not quite warm enough for us yet.  We stopped and got a frosty on the way home because the kids had been so good getting their jobs done in the morning.
The kids had some screen time while I made dinner and then I went to a wedding reception.  They made the church gym look so good and they they had a full dinner buffet line.  I wish I would have known and I would have gone earlier.  I didn't have a lot of time because I needed to go home and pick up Doug who had just gotten back from camping and then we were going to the adult session of Stake Conference.  The meeting was so good - they talked about not judging and just loving everyone.  We got together with friends after and picked up a few things at the grocery store and then had some frozen yogurt and talked.  We still had to clean up the house a bit when we got home, we got to bed late.  It was a very long but fun day. 

No comments: