Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Jenna and Kaylee's Birthday and party! 4/29 - 5/5/2018

Sunday we had Stake Conference, it seemed so long this time.  The kids did ok, but we didn't go early enough so we were in the gym, I think that makes it harder to listen.  

Monday and Tuesday I finished getting things ready for the girls birthday, wrapping presents, making the cake.  So much fun! 

Wednesday Jenna and Kaylee turned 6 years old!  Crazy!  They were so cute and excited in the morning.  It still was a school day so we had to eat quickly and open presents kind of fast.  I made german pancakes with strawberries and yogurt and chocolate milk for breakfast. 





 The girls went with me to the mall last week and picked out a dress, purse and headband from Children's Place.  They were very excited for those.


We gave them some microphones that amplify your voice a bit, they had a lot of fun with them. 
 Two cute birthday girls!
 It seemed like lots of little things this year.  Not many toys, they likes the crafty, art things better.
 I went to the school to eat lunch with them.
 We had a Pinkalicious birthday theme - as you will see with the party on Saturday. Kaylee:
 Jenna:
 As per tradition we took them out to eat for their birthday.  They chose Chick-fil-a and were very excited that they got a free milkshake because it was their birthday!
 On Friday I started the project of painting the girls wall.  It probably wasn't the best week to do this, but that is when some of my friends said they could come and help.  I had to be at Damon's school at 12:00 so I only had a few hours in the morning.  I got started right away and my friend Emily came and helped me with all of the taping.  We used painter's caulk to make sure we got a good line.  It worked really well.  Then my friend Texas came over to help fill in the middle.  We knew right away we weren't going to have enough paint.  I was so frustrated.  The people at Home Depot said that a quart would be enough.  We only got about 2/3 of the wall done then I had to run to Home Depot.  40 minutes later I quickly finished the wall and got ready to go to the school.  It turned out great, I love the color.  The girls were very excited to see it.  We are going to give them the bunk beds and change things around so it should be a lot of fun.
 Friday evening the kids helped me decorate for the party.  Everything PINK!


 The party went well, one friend was nervous about coming in so his mom stayed for awhile.  It was nice to have her help actually.  We played pin the cherry on the cupcake, bingo, and made masks.  Then we ate a snack lunch and opened presents.  We did a little karaoke and then just let them play.  Damon was at a merit badge clinic and Doug was gone too, so Tyler and Chris helped me run the games.



I was really bummed that I didn't get a good picture of the food before we ate it.  I spent a lot of time making lots of pink food: Strawberry lemonade, jam sandwiches, ham rolls, watermelon, jell-o jigglers, and strawberry/marshmallow skewers.  I had a pink table cloth, but it just kept sliding around with the kids pulling on it, so we took it off. 
 Then you had to have your green food so you didn't turn pink (it's in the book). So we had peas, celery, broccoli, green peppers, pickles, grapes, and green apples.

 And of course Pinkalicious cupcakes.
 The girls had a lot of fun!
 They mostly invited friends from school.  I think they all had a fun time. Happy Birthday Jenna and Kaylee!
Whew!  It was a busy day, Chris had his own party to go to in the afternoon and the rest of us went to the pool for the first time this summer.  It was a bit chilly, so we did't stay too long. 

No comments: