Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Storm, Play Room, Kindergarten Graduation, 5/20 - 5/26/2018

We had a big storm roll through on Sunday.  It made the power go out and was out from about 5:30-10:00.  We were talking to my family when it went out so we had to cut our conversation short.  We were just about to turn on the generator when it came back on.  It's amazing how much we rely on power.  The kids had fun using lanterns and flashlights though.

Monday was the normal laundry and grocery shopping - I spend so much time on those types of things to keep our family clean and fed.

Tuesday I worked on Day camp stuff, went to Walmart, and helped at the library at school.

Wednesday I listened to Tyler sing at school and then since it was over so quickly I was still able to hurry home, change clothes and go to my exercise class.  It it days like this that I am so grateful to not have any little ones at home.  I am so much more flexible by myself.

Thursday was Jenna's Kindergarten Graduation.  There are 9 Kindergarten classes at Broadway so I am grateful that they split it up into two days.  I was also glad that I could just focus on Jenna one day and Kaylee the next.  The program was great, the kids sing a few cute songs and then they read each students name as they cross the bridge to shake the principals hand and hug their teacher.  It's a little over the top in my opinion, but the kids like it. We had a little end of year party afterwards.  The teachers gave out a little memory book and we watched a slide show of pictures throughout the year.  Mrs. Bruner has been a great teacher for Jenna.

 Second row from the top, 4th from the right.

 Holding the 'G' in the Kindergarten Poem.

 This is Brock Haynes, who Jenna is going to marry someday.  :)


 Crazy, class of 2030!
 Love my Jenna girl! She has had a great year.  She is such a good student and excellent reader.  It's been so fun to watch her grow and learn.  When her teacher asked what she wanted to be when she grows up she replied, " A teacher, so she can teach kids their numbers and ABCs and also have Fun Friday."

Kaylee had graduation on Friday.  The program was the same of course, but so fun to watch Kaylee participate.  The funny thing was that in one of the songs there is a little interlude where the kids get to dance a bit and Kaylee just starts going all out.  There is a new move that is popular right now called 'the floss' and Kaylee is an expert and just stole the show.  I got it on video and it is priceless.
 Front row, third from the right.
 We loved having Mrs. Grabowski!  She has been one of my favorite teachers out of all of my kids.  So glad that Kaylee got to have her.


 So proud of Kaylee this year.  She is such a great reader and so crafty.  When asked what she wanted to be when she grows up she replied "An artist because I am the most happy when I am painting."
 We hosted a last minute game night on Friday.  Only 3 other couples were able to make it, but sometimes it's nice to have a smaller group.  I made a yummy strawberry lime cream cake.  It was a little drippy but still tasty.
 Saturday we cleaned in the morning then I took Jenna to a birthday party and wen to the Children's Museum with Chris and Kaylee and picked up pizza on the way home.  Doug took Damon and Tyler to see the new Star Wars movie Solo - that was also what they wanted for their birthdays.

Doug and I are in the process of getting new phones, Doug got his, but my new one had a glitch and so the store had to order a new one.  

No comments: