Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Memorial Day and Last week of school! 5/27 - 6/2/2018

Sunday I didn't have to teach, which was nice.  The sad part was that instead the youth had a combined lesson on what to do in an active shooter situation.  The stake had a FBI agent make up a presentation and had it okayed by the church and presented it to the youth and the adults (during 3rd hour).  I listened to the both presentations.  It's a sad world we live in, but it is good to be prepared.

Monday was a really fun day.  I made muffins quick and then went to the grocery store because we were out of essentials.  When I got back we quickly loaded up and went to discover a new 'beach' of the Spring Creek that is close by.  Doug and Damon stayed home to organize the scout trailer.

We had such a fun time at the beach.  There were lots of friends there and the water was perfect.  We swam and played in the sand until 1:00.  We came home for lunch and rested a bit then we went to the pool a little after 3:00.  We were kind of tired from the morning, but Doug and Damon wanted to do something to cool off and everyone had fun once we got there.  We went with the Monreals and invited them over for dinner as well. 


So during the break and after swimming and I was madly cleaning the house and making salads and prepping food.  We grilled hamburgers and hot-dogs and had a great summer dinner.  I had gotten some corn on the cob and watermelon as well.  The bummer was that our A/C seems to be going out, so it was pretty warm in our house, but we managed.  It was a great evening with friends and family.

I realized later that evening that I needed to make my traditional carameled apples to give to the teachers  that night because I would be going to the schools the next day and it would be easiest if I was there to help carry them.  So I stayed up late getting those done.  And because it was so humid and hot in the kitchen the caramel didn't cook like it normally does.  It turned out ok, but looked so much darker and was a bit grainy.  I hope it didn't turn to sugar to much. 

Tuesday I took the kids to Broadway to help deliver the apples, then I went to Tyler's school because of his award ceremony and to deliver his a


pples.  Tyler was on the A honor roll all year and actually had 100% attendance for the year, which surprised me.  He also received the Citizenship award from his teacher (1 boy and 1 girls from each class is chosen).  He was happy.  I was happy when the event was over.  It took over an hour to read all the names - way too long. 

We had pack meeting and Chris was so excited to finally get his Bobcat, he earned it months ago, but they finally gave it to him. 

Wednesday was Damon's Birthday.  It gets harder as they get older to make it seem special.  They don't get as many things because the things they want cost more and they don't like getting chalk, and stickers for their birthday. :) 

 He still loves Legos!
 He was very excited for jerky, whoppers, and lindts chocolates.
 Damon's big present was an X-Box Live subscription for a year and letting him play Fortnight.  He wrote a big persuasive essay to ask us to let him play and he succeeded. 
 Wednesday was also the award ceremony for Chris.  He also received all A's all year and earned good citizenship.  He is a good student.  He is starting to get a little too crazy and silly sometimes, but we still love our Christopher.
 Mrs. Smith
 They had a little party after the ceremony and then Chris came home early with me.
 Damon requested lava cakes which was awesome for me.  So easy and so yummy!


Damon is such a great boy.  He is an awesome helper and very responsible.  He helps me with dinner twice a week usually (dishing things up and cooking noodles etc) and I appreciate him babysitting so much.  I can't believe he is now officially a teenager - crazy!  He had a great first year at Jr. High in 7th grade and got all A's in all of his classes.  He skipped 7th grade math and went right into regular Algebra and did so well.  I'm so proud of him. 

We took Damon out to eat at a Chinese place and picked up my new phone while we were there.  We also watched the first little bit of the Hobbit.  Damon is very excited to start watching all the movies that he now has permission to see.  :)

Thursday was the last day of school, just a half a day.  I only had a few hours of quiet to myself and I tried to enjoy them.  I read a bit and worked on a few projects.  I had a cold for just a few days so it was good to relax just a bit before the craziness of summer starts. 

Friday I slept in! It was great!  We went to the new beach again and stayed until 1:30.  The kids all had a great time.  The water wasn't as deep, this time - it had rained right before we went on Monday.  but we all still had a great time.  We just chilled the rest of the day







Saturday we worked on scouting a bunch.  I'm trying to get Tyler started on some merit badges and helping Damon finish up some of his.  We went swimming in the afternoon. 


No comments: