This week was filled with Cub Scout Day Camp.
Monday some of the kids had dentist appointments and Damon went to help set up day camp. I picked him and some other boys up after the dentist and help set up a few canopies. It was hot!
Tuesday - Friday went like this: centers in the morning if possible, some other dentist appointments, pack lunch, and then head up to day camp around 11:30. It was just easier if the kids ate lunch on the way up. Damon needed to be there an hour early to help as a ranger. I volunteered this year as a session leader. I did the Tiger belt loop of Tiger Theater. It was a lot of fun. We did puppets, mime artistry, reader's theater, made masks, and played charades. It was a fun week for me even though it was so hot. Because I was helping the Tiger group sometime I would have a break because some groups didn't have any Tiger Cubs - that was great because then I could go visit Tyler and Chris and see what they were up to.
They of course loved the shooting sports the best. They both did a great job on the range. Tyler built a tool box this year and Chris made a terrarium. They had water sports, played games and had a fun time at camp. The girls were in the Me-too program again and loved being inside in the air conditioning and doing crafts, watching movies, and having fun. It was a busy and long week, but each year it keeps getting better. This year was 4 days instead of 5, so that was big. The last day was long because they invite the families to come and stay. They brought in Chick-fil-a but that was kind of crazy to get everyone's orders out. I don't think they will do that again. Overall a fun week, but glad that it's over.
Rangers helping me with my puppet show.
Damon was a great help all week, he worked hard and had fun helping Chris at archery.
Doug has been working a lot with scouts as well. He got the trailer all ship shape for their scout camp next week. He's going up for the first bit and then coming home on Wednesday.

No comments:
Post a Comment