Tuesday it was announced that the church would no longer participate in the BSA scouting program starting in 2020. That was pretty big news for us. Damon will be able to finish his Eagle, Tyler will be close and Chris will just be going into Webelos. So we will see how they feel at that time if we have to move into a new pack. I feel bad for Doug spending all this time and energy in a program that will only be around for another year and a half. But at least we know when he will be released. :)
This week for pack meeting they did a fun Olympics theme. The kids had a fun time. Tyler was quite pleased that he earned 3 Gold medals. :)
Wednesday was the Kindergarten Field Trip. They always go to Old MacDonald's Farm. The girls have been quite a few times but they still loved it. It was the first time that they rode a bus, so they were excited about that. I was able to go around with Jenna and Kaylee and some of their other friends from school. They loved the big sand pile and the train ride. It was hot, but grateful there was a bit of shade here and there.
Jenna swinging with her teacher: Mrs. Bruner
Mrs. Bruner's class
Mrs. Grabowski's class
Doug left for Utah Thursday evening. Our niece Ashley Hall got married over the weekend. I'm glad that Doug was able to go to be supportive. I don't worry about dinner as much when Doug is gone - so that was nice. He was only gone for 2 days and came back Saturday night.
Friday I slept past my alarm, but gratefully woke up in time to get the kids going for school. I was even able to get ready quick enough to make it to the 9:00 session at the temple. It was great to go again.
We all went to the Miller's in the evening for pizza and swimming. Everyone had a great time. So fun to play with friends! There were a lot of people there!
Saturday I took the girls to the mall to get their Build-a-Bears. Grandma Datwyler gave them some gift cards for their birthday. They had a lot of fun picking everything out. Kaylee choose a pink Bunny she named Cutie Pie and Jenna picked a purple Shopkins bear she named Donut Delish. They made a fun memory.
Damon went with the Shurtliffs for his last soccer game - it was just too hot for us all to go.



No comments:
Post a Comment