Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, November 11, 2018

3rd Grade program, Goodbye to the Truck, Suzuki Ribbon Festival 11/4 - 11/10 2018

Sunday was daylight's savings.  I got up at my normal early time, but it felt like I was sleeping in.  It was great.  The kids now are able to sleep in a bit so they weren't up crazy early.  I think the girls got up at 6:50, which is pretty good for them, almost 8:00.  We had tithing settlement after church which was fine.  We had a low key dinner, but decided to try pumpkin pie in the dutch oven.  We are going camping over Thanksgiving so I wanted to see if this was an option.  It didn't turn out as well as I had hoped.  I don't think it was cooked all of the way, and the flavor tasted different.  So I think we may just stick with cobbler for dessert.  :) 

Monday - Wednesday normal activities: dance fitness class, institute, soccer, piano lessons.  The elementary is getting ready for the Book Fair, so this week was 'preview week.'  The kids could come in and write down their wish list of books.  There were so many books, and they all looked good.  It was hard for my kiddos to pick their favorite two.  

Thursday was Chris's 3rd grade program.  It was a patriotic one for Veteran's Day.  They did a good job.  It's funny because I know that Chris knows the songs - he sings them at home - but his mouth wasn't moving much during the performance.  I wonder if he just gets anxious or just doesn't move his mouth much.  Silly kid.  

I made bread a couple of times during the week.  Some to give away and some for us.  I'm busy running to the store for various things.  I had been bad about writing out a menu, so it seems I'm always having to run back to the store for something I need.  

Tyler had an orthodontist appointment this week.  He is ready for braces, we just need to decide when to have him start.  Damon is ready as well.  So we will probably get that going soon.  

I visited with one of my ministering sisters this week.  We are going camping with them so we talked about a menu and if we were going to try and actually make a turkey dinner for Thanksgiving.  I think we will try, but just make a simplified version.  

Friday I went and turned in my application for my passport - getting ready for our cruise next fall.  That was exciting.  I hurried home after stopping at the library to talk to my friend who is helping us with our travel plans.  It's so nice to have someone who knows what they're doing help out. 

Doug and I went to the temple Friday night.  It had been a long time since we had done a session together, it was nice even though we got to bed late.  It was a very full session and Doug was the last one out of the room.  It was hard to maneuver around people in the Celestial Room.  

Saturday Doug took Tyler and Caleb to their soccer game.  They both scored a goal and their team won 4-1.  On their way home Doug was stopped at a light in the left lane.  When the light turned green Doug started to go into the intersection and suddenly a minivan coming from the opposite direction turns left and hits Doug head-on (corner to corner).  Everyone was ok, but the truck was in bad shape.  Tyler had been drinking Gatorade at the time and had red mess all over him.  Tyler was pretty shook up about the whole thing, scared him a bit.  I got a call from Doug and went to pick them up.  It was a cold day and the boys were waiting in the Walgreens nearby.  Doug hurried to finish the paperwork so he could come home too.  We were in a bit of a rush because both Tyler and Caleb needed to get home to get ready for a piano event that we were going to that afternoon.  We left the parking lot at 12:15 and needed to leave our house for piano at 1:00.  Tyler had 15 minutes to quickly rinse off and get ready to go.  We ate our lunch on the way.  

The other driver was a 16 year old young man.  He was in shock from it all too.  He was driving a Sienna mini-van.
Here is the good ol' Nissan Titan.  It was 11 years old and in really good condition.  We were sorry to see it go.  It had been a great truck.  



So after Tyler and I got ready we hopped in the car with a friend and drove about 45 minutes to a piano event.  Tyler was in a room with about 10 other performers.  They each played two Suzuki pieces and a judge wrote down some positive and critical remarks.  Tyler did a good job.  A few nerves showed through, but he was pleased with his performance.  All the participants received a medal.
  


After we got home we ate pizza and then Doug and I went to the adult session of Stake Conference.  It was a busy Saturday!  We stayed after and visited with friends.  Doug got to share his accident story multiple times. :)  

No comments: