Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Book Fair, End of Soccer, and Family Pictures 11/11-11/17 2018

This week was the Book Fair at the Elementary.  I've been helping a lot in the library this year so I got to help throughout the week.  I missed setting up because Kaylee was sick.  The kids had fun looking through all of the book and finally picking their two books.  One for now, and one for Christmas.  I ate lunch with the girls and Chris so that we could pick out their book together.  I'm glad we went on the first day, the ones that Chris wanted were all gone by Tuesday.  
The librarian dresses up as Clifford, the kids thought it was fun to see the Big Red Dog!

Tuesday I missed institute to help at Tyler's school.  They had been learned about politeness and having good manners and set up a formal type Thanksgiving lunch for the students.  Moms volunteered to be the servers for each table.  It was a pretty big production but I thought it went really well.  The kids were encouraged to dress up for the occasion.  I don't know if their manners were improved, but I think they had a good time.  The sad bit was how much food was thrown away.  Not all kids appreciate turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and green beans.  I was hungry by the end and would have gladly eaten a plate. :)

I had a dentist appointment on Wednesday and will have to go back for a filling.  I was pretty bummed.  I really don't like my teeth and worry about them frequently.  I clench my jaw a lot and my gums are usually tender.  Sigh, I do my best with brushing etc, but they still seem to give me problems.  

Thursday we were going to go to the Book Fair event at the school in the evening, but since we had already bought our books we decided to stay home.  I had GNO in the evening and we played games and visited.

Friday I went to the temple to do initiatories then I went to the school to help clean up the Book Fair.  There were still lots of books to put away.  But we had a lot of helpers so it didn't take too long.  

Saturday was Tyler's last soccer game.  Doug and Damon were helping with an Eagle project so they couldn't go.  The night before we actually got an email saying that the game was canceled - so I took the morning at an easy pace.  Then at 8:15 we learned that there had been a mistake and that the game was still on - so we had 45 minutes to finish breakfast and get everyone ready to go.  We made it fine, but it was a bit of a scramble. :)  


Tyler had a great game - he scored twice and had some assists.  He had quite a few shots on goal - some were a bit embarrassing that he missed, but at least the coach was good about it.  This field had a fun park so the younger three just played during the game.  


We stopped at the library on the way home then quickly had lunch and baths to get ready for family pictures.   They didn't go so well.  All the kids started out in really grumpy moods, nobody wanted to be there.  I'm praying that our photographer can perform some miracle to get an ok picture from the lot.  Tyler was in tears by the end and overall was being a huge stink and was not being willing to smile for any of  the shots.  I am reminding myself to not pay for a nice photographer (we hadn't had one in 2 years) and just take them ourselves.  The kids usually smile better for us and is less stressful. 


Side note on Chris, he has been enjoying putting the puzzle of the USA together. 


No comments: