Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Halloween! 10/28 - 11/3

Sunday evening we went to check out the site for the new church house that is being built.  We won't go to it, but it will make it so we only have 3 ward in our building instead of 4.  So hopefully it will get done soon.  They have the foundation poured and some piping done.  

We played a park briefly.  We realized once we got there that there were tons of mosquitoes out, so we didn't stay long.  



 Monday was normal busy with my dance class, grocery shopping, helping at the school, and play practice.  It's always a juggle to get dinner ready for Damon to finish while I am gone.  He is such a great helper. 

Tuesday we carved pumpkins after an early dinner.  Doug and I still do the majority of the scraping, but it's nice that the older ones can do more of the work now. 





 Wednesday was Halloween.  It rained all day and we started thinking about trick or treating at the church or just hiding candy in the house for the kids to find.  The forecast said that there might be a slight lull in the storm in the evening so we decided to wait and see.  The rain totally stopped at 6:30 and instantly tons of kids were outside.  It was great!  We went around our block and the kids had filled their buckets.  The rain started back up again around 7:30/8:00 so it was perfect.  Damon walked with us for about 30 minutes and then went to a party at a friend's house.  He had fun.  It was raining so hard when he got home that I ran out with an umbrella to escort him to the door.  It was a fun Halloween.  The kids picked out their favorite candy and then I save some for Christmas and birthdays, and then we give the rest to the dentist who sends it over seas.
 Chris's is a silhouette of a cat, Tyler's is a hand coming out of the ground, and the dragon is one I helped carve at Chris's class at school. 
 Kaylee's is a face, Jenna's is a bat and a cat face.
Damon's is a Fortnite Llama
 Lots of candy!

It seemed like a Friday on Halloween, but the rest of the week continued on.  

Thursday was the 1st grade field trip.  We went to a place called 7 Acre Wood.  They had some fun outdoor activities.  Because of all the rain the day before the hay ride was closed, but surprisingly the ground wasn't too muddy.  Kaylee was sick in the night and morning so Doug worked from home to stay with her so I could chaperone with Jenna's class.  Kaylee was of course so sad that she had to miss her field trip, but we had gone there as a family before.  

It was pretty cold when we got there - the coldest day yet here.  Lots of moms and kid didn't come very prepared.  I was glad I wore my long underwear under my jeans.  But by the end of the trip all jackets were off and it was a beautiful day.  




Friday I was going to go to the temple, but Kaylee still didn't feel very well - but she seemed fine enough for some errands.  So we did a big trip into the Woodlands and went to the library, Ross, Hobby Lobby, and Walmart.  She was a great shopper even though I probably wore her out a bit.  It was kind of fun to go with just one.  

Friday evening Doug and Damon went on a campout with the scouts.  They backpacked in for a couple of miles - hiking in the dark.  They were able to use a lot of the new backpacking gear that we brought home from our Utah trip.  Doug said it was all awesome.  Damon raved about the Mountain House dehydrated meal that they cooked.  He wants me to make it all the time. lol.  

 Saturday I took the younger 3 to Tyler's soccer game.  Tyler does well.  He made some great defensive plays and had some good shots on goal.  No goal this game, but he had one last week.  It was perfect weather - so nice to finally have some fall temperatures.  We stopped at Hobby Lobby to exchange some things I had bought the day before and picked up some Thanksgiving crafts. 


The kids were good to do their jobs when we got home and they had some screen time.  It was such a nice day they played outside on the tramp for awhile and also played with some cars upstairs.  It's nice when they play well together.  I worked on my lesson in the afternoon and watched a little bit of Solo with Damon and Tyler in the evening. 

No comments: