It was Red Ribbon Week this week. Whoever picked the dress-up themes this year made it a bit hard and we ended up not doing all of them. We wore red on Monday, didn't have any camouflage for Tuesday, Wednesday was wear a sport team shirt and we don't have any for the younger kids so they wore some school spirit shirts. Thursday was crazy hair/sock/hat day so we did crazy hair. Friday was dress like your favorite decade. We could've tried harder on that day, but life was busy enough without adding another costume to it.
I stole this great idea of braiding hair with pipe cleaners - it turned out super cute.
Friday was busy with getting ready for the trunk or treat. I made the cookie dough in the morning. Then we had a dress rehearsal for our dance. Then I went home and made the cookies. I ran out of time and didn't get them frosted before I had to go to the school. The girls helped me frost them after school and then I helped get the kids get their costumes on and then I did my make-up. I don't really like zombies much, but we tried to go for a nice zombie look. :)
I bought these stencils last year and bought some black food coloring spray. It worked pretty well, and they were easy to do, win - win! I had to help judge the food at the trunk or treat. It was not well organized and they were having to hold the kids back to let us taste everything. It was a bit of a disaster and who knows if we really judged fairly. I did not enjoy eating so many sweets - I prefer the chili cook-off myself. Who needs treats right before all of the candy.
Tyler is a hobbit, Damon is a Fortnite person, Chris is a spider, and the girls are witches.
We measured the girls recently, Jenna is 2 inches taller than Kaylee! Crazy!
So we wanted our dance to be like a flash mob thing at the trunk or treat. It may have been a surprise to some, but by the time they saw all of us mom wearing the same outfit most everyone figured something was going on. We performed out in the parking lot. It was hard with so many people around. I messed up a bit - I was kind of nervous. It's been awhile since I performed. We did a encore with us facing the other direction so that the street light could shine on our faces better. We were all glad we could do a redo and improve our performance. It was so much fun though and everyone loved it! Thriller! OW!
Saturday we finally had dry beautiful weather! After Tyler's soccer game we took the family to P6 farms. We stopped at Chick-fil-a on the way which is always a treat for the whole family. We had a great time. I kept thinking of how grateful that my kids are older and don't need a nap and how they are independent and we can really enjoy these types of outings.
Some of us were getting tired mid way and we only walked through the shorter corn maze. Doug, Damon and Tyler went through the longer side on their own. There were too many people, so really you could just follow everyone. We tried to hold back and be on our own. Chris was our guide with a map and he did a great job of navigating.
We lasted about 3 hours - it was a fun day at the farm. I didn't take any pictures but they had some pig races too that were fun to watch. They would run up a ramp and jump into a water trough. They raced for their oreos and chocolate milk.
Random picture of Jenna, she was cold. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment