Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Doug's Birthday and Tyler's choir concert 10/14 - 10-20

Sunday somehow everyone ended up all snuggled with me in the bed.  Love my kiddos most of the time. :)
 I didn't take too many pictures this week - too busy I guess.

Monday normal dance class and then I quickly got ready and went to a teacher conference with Chris's teachers.  I was relieved to hear that Chris was behaving well at school.  I think he keeps it together for school and then lets it all out here at home - which is the way I would prefer it.  They said that he was a very good student and always willing to help others.  He is being pushed in his writing this year, but I think it will get better as the year goes on.  He has a harder time understanding directions sometimes, so that affects things.

Tuesday: institute and piano lessons for the younger three.  Soccer for Tyler in the evening.  His practice is from 8:15-9:15 and the field is 30 minutes away.  Then when he gets home he eats and showers.  It makes for a late night for him which he doesn't do very well with. He gets grumpy/moody and usually I have to talk to him to help him understand his feelings.  Sleep is so important!

Wednesday: Piano for Tyler and scouts for the boys.  I'm sure there was other stuff going on, but I can't remember. - oh yeah I made a carrot cake for our recipe group on Thursday.

Thursday was Doug's birthday.  He opened his presents in the morning.  I really only gave him one main present: tickets to see Brian Reagan (a comedian) in December.  So to make it more exciting I wrapped it in about 6 boxes.  The girls loved the idea.  The kids were cute and each bought Doug something from the dollar store.  Mostly it was candy, but hey it's the thought that counts.



 I read some stories in Chris's class on Thursday morning and then went to our recipe group.  It was a Halloween/fall theme and of course we all brought desserts.  There was one soup and so many goodies.  I was hungry too - so it was a bummer there wasn't more real food, but I can't say anything because I brought a dessert too.  :)

Thursday evening Tyler had his first choir concert.  It was combined with the Jr High and High School choirs too - so his grade only sang 2 songs.  I ended up going by myself because it started pretty late.  I was glad too, because the atmosphere didn't lend itself to jumpy kids.  I thoroughly enjoyed just listening to all of the choirs, it is so much fun to watch your kids develop their talents. 

 Friday Doug worked from home because he was going to go on a campout with the boys, but the weather looked to be stormy so they postponed it.  But since he was home he got to witness the Walk of Fame at the school.  Each teacher chooses a few students who have been showing the character traits that they have been working on for the quarter.  Jenna and Kaylee were chosen.  They were super excited to see dad!

 Friday evening I was so excited to see two of my friends put on a Wicked concert.  It was pretty low key at our church with another mom from the ward accompanying on the piano.  All three were absolutely amazing.  They could all be on Broadway.  It was so fun to see them show off their talents and see what they put aside to be moms (the two singers actually did live in New York for awhile and performed a bit).  It was so much fun and I was surprised that my kids were entertained so well.  The girls started to get a bit restless - but I think it was because they were getting tired.  They sang about 6 songs and did some of the dialog leading up to the songs.
More wet soccer for Tyler.  At least is wasn't canceled, just cooler and wet fields.  Doug went by himself and I stayed home with the kids to clean the house.  

No comments: