Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Primary Program, Character Parade Aug 30 - Oct 6, 2018

Sunday was the Primary Program.  They did it really early this year so that the leaders could focus on other activities as it got closer to the holiday.  The kids did pretty well.  Jenna was crying for the first half and had to sit on her teacher's lap, but by the end she was singing.  Kaylee did great and was smiling the whole time.  Chris is funny and didn't move his mouth much, sometimes I wonder what is going on inside his head.  Tyler was a great example being one of the older kids.  This is his last program.  They all said their parts well and over all the program was great.  I really liked the new song they learned this year: Jesus is a God of Miracles.  

This week I had a teacher conference with Kaylee's teacher.  She said that Kaylee was doing great and is so sweet in class.  She was having a harder time adjusting to school this year, crying and saying that she missed me.  But I made her a locket with my picture and a picture of her stuffed animal and that has helped a bit.  She also takes her stuffed animals to school sometimes and that helps too.  She has just a very tender heart and it just makes me so sad to see her cry.  

Book club was on Thursday.  We discussed the Tale of Two Cities, I must confess I didn't have time to read it.  It was harder to read and I just really didn't have the time needed to get through it.  I would like to finish it though sometime.  

Friday was the character parade at school.  Instead of letting the kids dress up in their Halloween costumes at the end of the month - they let them dress up as a character in a book.  Sometimes it is the same costume as their Halloween one, but if we can do something simple we can make it match a favorite book.  

We borrowed this Pinkalicious costume from a friend.  
I made this skunk costume for Chris.
 We pieced together this Cherry Jam character from a Strawberry Shortcake book we own.
 They had a fun time parading around the front parking lot of the school. 

In the evening Doug and I went on a group date to an escape room.  This was our second time going to one of these.  It was fun, but some of the others were more experienced and just kind of took over and I felt like I wasn't doing anything.  It might be fun to try another one with just Doug and I, or maybe a foursome. 
 

Conference was great on Saturday.  We were all excited about the new changes.  In between sessions we went to the church to roller skate, scooter, and Chris flew his RC drone helicopter.  It was a fun break. 
 Doug's project was sorting through all of his random hardware in the garage.  All of his screws, nails, and bolts are now organized.  Good job dear!

No comments: