Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, July 19, 2020

July 12 - July 18 2020

I haven't been as good writing this week, so it's a bit of a catch up.

Sunday was a little different, I joined my brother Marcus's Sunday church meeting via Zoom.  He was put in as the 1st counselor in the bishopric.  My mom and brother flew out to be there and so that Richard could ordain him to a high priest.  So now Marcus, Richard and Doug are all in bishoprics at the same time.

Monday we had some drama.  My friend told me of an dr. experience with her son and basically made him get tested for COVID with just a stuffy nose as symptoms.  So then I called my dr. because Tyler had an appointment the next day.  I said that my son had been playing with the siblings of a friend who is being tested, but we don't know the results yet.  They made me reschedule.  So crazy!!  Anyway, he tested negative, so it was all good.

Tuesday Damon, Jenna and Kaylee all went to the dentist.  They all did great and Kaylee had two teeth pulled.  She did just fine with that.  This was a first for us, it was interesting to the see the teeth with the roots still there.  We are trying to get her some more room for her bottom teeth, she has such a small mouth, no room for all of these teeth.

Wednesday after Tyler's piano lessons I went over to Haley's house for lunch.  We got together for lunch to celebrate Laisa's birthday.  It was great to visit, eat Panera, and play Skull King (like Opishaw). I brought chocolate dipped strawberries to share, the kids enjoyed cleaning out the bowl.

Doug and I still enjoy our evening walks, even though it is still hot and muggy.

Thursday we went swimming with the Shurtliffs in the morning.  It was almost cool at the beginning, but it was very lovely as day warmed up.

I spent the afternoon in the kitchen.  I took dinner to the missionaries, they can't eat over, but we take food to them.  I made chicken meatballs with rice, corn, watermelon, bread sticks, and lemon bars.

We didn't do much over the weekend.  Normal jobs and I cleaned the kitchen more than normal.  It felt good to clean the vent hood.  Our lives feel like on repeat.  We get up, I exercise, the kids watch cartoons.  We eat breakfast, then do centers.  (Writing, piano, exercise, typing, reading, and math) Then the kids have screen time and then lunch.  Then the kids are pretty good to play and read until 4 for screen time again and then dinner.  Some days we play with friends in the afternoon which is nice.  After dinner we play a board game or watch a show.  And then we do it all again.  Some days we go swimming or have appointments which breaks things up, but we basically do the same thing every day. I guess I've lost my creativity as a mom. But the kids do play on their own pretty well, they were playing a Star Wars level with their lego ships that they had made yesterday.


No comments: