Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, July 12, 2020

July 5 - 11 2020

Sunday July 5
Today we went to church.  It was the first time since mid March.  It was good to go.  There were only 4 other families there, but it was good to hear testimonies of other people.  It was a short fast and testimony meeting.  Doug, Kaylee and myself bore our testimonies along with two other adults and a child.  The missionaries passed the sacrament.  They put the bread in individual cups in a water tray to make it more sanitary.  We all wore masks the whole time.  But the Spirit was there and I enjoyed listening to the organ even though we couldn't sing along.

Monday July 6
A delivery was supposed to come today but never did.  Hopefully it will come tomorrow, the bummer is that I will be out of the house for awhile so I hope it doesn't come when I am gone.

The girls invited the neighbor girls over to play.  They moved in about a month ago and they are twins who are 8 as well, crazy.  They also have a little sister.  It was fun to hear them chatter away.  We built a big fort in the living room with ropes and sheets.

It was a harder today with Chris, I think he was feeling left out since he didn't have a friend over and the older boys went to swim at a neighbor's house.  I think we are feeling cooped up and tired of each other.  I really hope that we can send the kids to school and that they won't have too many crazy protocols that they have to do due to the Corona Virus.  They told us that we will get to choose between in class and online school, but the online will be a lot harder than it was in the spring.  We just don't know what in class school will look like yet.

Tuesday July 7
The girls slept in the fort so Doug and I slept in a bit - couldn't exercise in the living room.  We went swimming at 10 with the Shurtliffs and then I helped make a little hello gift for the primary girls.

The rest of the day I splurged and read a book.  I am reading a book called Wool.  It is a futuristic book about where the world is uninhabitable and the only people alive are living in these silos that are self sufficient.  But the people don't know about the world outside and that there are other silos.  But of course some people start to figure it out and they start an uprising. It's pretty fun.

The girls play at the Shurtliffs all afternoon and Tyler and Chris invited Caleb and Carter over to play so that made the day nice with less fighting.  Yay for friends.

Doug's big exercise equipment arrived today.  Doug and I put the bench together in the evening.  At first it looked like the instructions weren't very clear, but actually it wasn't too bad.  It is only pictures, so you just have to look very closely to make sure you have used the right pieces.
The kids all had fun making mug cakes for dessert.

Wednesday July 8
Nothing on the agenda today.  I slept in until 7 since we stayed up late last night.  I did still go on a run though.  It seems I am getting slower at running and not faster, but it is a lot harder to run in the heat and humidity.  It was very muggy today.

I worked on some things for the girls baptism in the afternoon, the program mostly.  Their announcement cards have not come in yet, I'm a little upset at Walmart for being so slow.

Doug and I worked on the exercise machine again in the evening, it is a bit labor intensive, but it is coming along.  The kids had fun playing with the bench, putting weights on it and lifting it with their legs.

 The kids made a hotel for their stuffed animals out of boxes and blankets, their creativity is pretty fun.  It took awhile to clean up though. :)
Thursday July 9
Sleeping in was great! But I didn't get any exercising done, oh well.  I did go for walk in the evening with Doug.  We have been doing that more lately and it has been nice to walk and talk.

Tyler and Chris had dentist appointments, they went fine.  Chris has anxiety over things like this, but he did ok.  No cavities, but Chris needs to work on his brushing.

The girls had piano in the afternoon. I started reading the prequel book to the Hunger Game series.  Doug stayed home to be around when the A/C guy came to check on our unit.  It wouldn't have mattered because he came in the evening, but Doug was able to finish putting the exercise machine together while he was home.  The kids had a fun time pulling on things and trying to workout.  It will be good to have I think.  I hope it holds up well and gets some good use out it.
Friday July 10
I went for a walk with Kari in the morning.  It's so fun to chat with her. We talked about the pandemic and what we are going to do about school - I'm still not sure.  We talked about Hamilton and the stuff I've been learning about in the biography I'm reading.  We talk about our kids and anything else we can think of.  We walk for about 1 hour and 15 min and then we still talk for 20 more minutes by her house.  I guess maybe we are feeling a social need to talk since we are all shut up at home all of the time.

The Shurtliff girls came over to play on the slip 'n slide for a bit.  They had fun.
Saturday July 11
I was able to go get the girls' scriptures at the distribution center today.  They are only open a few days during the week and you have to make an appointment.  But they were able to emboss them too, so I'm glad I could check that off of my list.  I went to our mini Deseret Book store and got a few things there a well, scripture cases and journals.  I actually had to order Kaylee's because the one she wanted wasn't in stock.

I made Texas Sheet cake in the afternoon and we went swimming as a family after dinner.
Doug and I went to game night at 8:00.  It was the first time we have gotten together in person since March.  It was so fun to visit and see everyone.  We stayed until 12:30, I think we all had so much to talk about - we only played one game: Cartographer.  It was a fun one.

Chris helped the girls make these grabber things out of Legos,  they do play nicely together sometimes. 


No comments: