Our lives for the past 2 weeks have been about getting our school work done. The first term just ended so the kids had lots of tests and projects to finish up. They have all been doing pretty well online. I have to keep reminding Chris to double check things but overall everyone is doing ok. We decided to send Damon and the girls back to school in person for the rest of the year. Chris is going to be staying home for now. He really is just happier and less anxious staying home. So as long as he is learning well and keeping his grades up we will let him stay home. He will start going to band in person though.
Over conference weekend I decorated a cake for a friend. It was a bit stressful and I have decided that I will not be doing cakes for other people anymore. It is just too much for me. I still enjoy doing for my kids or as a surprise for others, but trying to match expectation is too stressful.
The kids were good during conference. I didn't listen too well on Saturday while I was making the cake, but Sunday was nice. The girls made forts to listen to conference in. The kids like to do conference Bingo, and then we do our snack lunch, for the second half of the morning session.
I wanted to try and new cinnamon roll recipe that was posted in the "Don't Miss This" podcast. It was yummy but needed more cinnamon.
We had the missionaries over for dinner after conference and played cornhole in the backyard. Tyler was doing well and won with Elder Bleak.
I got my hair cut and I colored it again. I figured out that my friend and I had measured wrong the first time that we did it, so they color wasn't as concentrated. So it was a lot darker this time, but I like it. :0
Our spider trap caught a baby snake - welcome to Texas! I'm just glad it got caught and we didn't find it elsewhere in the house.
Saturday we went to the creek to play. It was foggy in the morning but by last afternoon it was a beautiful day. We set up our shad for the first time and it was wonderful. The kids were so happy playing and just being outside. We had a nice picnic lunch and enjoyed the sand and water.
No comments:
Post a Comment