The week started with Doug's Birthday. It was a nice day, I spent most of it in the kitchen making yummy food. Doug asked for pie for his birthday treat. I made a banana cream and cherry. The pudding didn't set up so, we had deconstructed banana cream pie pudding instead. The cherry pie turned out good though. We had oven chicken, mashed potatoes, rolls, fruit, and broccoli. Doug bought himself a new light for the garage and I bought him some more protein bars, a dad joke book, a new family game, and a Captain America t-shirt. I think it was a good day for him. I'm grateful to celebrate Doug and let him know how special he is to our family.
Our activity for the girls this week was to walk around the neighborhood pond and eat snow cones. It was an easy and fun activity. The girls all had a good time and played some games in the cul-de-sac until parents came to pick them up.
I had a busy week getting ready for RS. I was asked to demonstrate some cake decorating techniques. I really have a hard time with these activities because there is so much that you can do, so it is hard to focus on just a few things. I ended up picking out 3 cupcake designs and then teaching those techniques. I really don't think I actually taught very well. I was going too fast because I wanted to give them as much time as possible to do their cupcakes. Anyway, I think the ladies had a good time, but I felt a little hectic. I also had made a ton of frosting and cake all week We had some help from the RS committee but I was afraid that we would run out of frosting, so I made another batch. We probably would have been ok, but the frosting that was given to us was very soft and started to melt - so I was glad that I had made extra. A friend helped me a bit too and she had brought some frosting as well. I demoed frosting a cake - so we ate that during the week. It was a yummy chocolate cake.
The weather is finally feeling like fall so we decided to go to P-6 farms for a family outing. We have been once before. It was a beautiful day, and actually a bit chilly in the morning so we decided to go right after lunch. I think everyone else had the same idea, it was so crazy crowded. But we had a good time. We went through the corn maze first, we only had minor disagreements as to which way we should go. :) We ended up taking turns of who would be the leader. We made it through both mazes pretty well.
I waited in lots of lines while the girls played on slides. They had a small roller coaster, jumpy thing, fun house, and a spinny-car ride. We also watched the pig races. It really is a fun set up, I just wish there were more of the around so that the crowds would be more controlled. It is also pretty expensive ($20 per person) but I can't imagine how crowded it would be if it was cheaper.
No comments:
Post a Comment