It was Red Ribbon Week and the girls had fun dressing up. They did good themes this year that were much more realistic: wear red, wear pajamas, and school pride. This is their super hero day:

Fall traditions: pumpkin carving and cookie decorating. We carved pumpkins on Thursday and decorated cookies on Friday. I let the girls invite the neighbor twins over and Damon had his friends over in the evening and they 'decorated' cookies too - they basically threw on some frosting and candy corn. Sigh oh well, at least they liked eating them.


Damon didn't want to carve a pumpkin this year, so I did the mask one, it was Kaylee's idea, which I thought was great. Tyler and the girls used some stencils that we had and did a great job of carving them by themselves. I had them cleaned out ahead of time to make it easier.
Our ward still did a trunk - or - treat. Some people wore masks, but most did not. The kids had fun walking around and getting candy and see their friends. We had some great costumes this year. Damon just wore his Tony Stark t shirt and passed out the candy.
The rest of the kids did a Star Wars theme. It never gets old. Chris and Kaylee have been R2-D2, so it was funny to see Tyler wear it as a shirt. We added Princess Leah to the collection.
It was the perfect weather for trick-or-treating. Just a light jackets and the kids were fine in their costumes. They last few years have been rainy or super cold, so it was nice to have a pleasant evening. Tyler and Damon were invited to be with friends in the evening so we only went around with Chris and the girls. I'm so glad that we have such a good group of friends here. We only went around our small block. Most people had candy in a bowl, so had it put in baggies. It felt pretty normal actually. The kids had a good time and got plenty of candy. I set aside some for Christmas, parties, our Thanksgiving trip, and Easter. It freezes well. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment