This week was a bit slower which was nice. The kids had Tuesday off of school. I think they just chose election day to have a fall day off. But it was nice to have a break in the middle of the week. We cleaned out rooms and picked things to sell and give away. I finished going through my keepsakes and have fun looking through memories of high school and early marriage years.
We went to the park in the afternoon and enjoyed the wonderful weather!! I wish it would stay forever.
Damon and Tyler have been super snuggly with the girls lately, almost too much sometimes though. They are cute with their sisters.
I hosted Book Club on Wednesday. We talked about the book Wool. Everyone enjoyed the book and we had a nice discussion. Not many people came at first, but then 2 others joined later so then it felt more like a group. I made a fun 'silo' themed treat that turned out yummy. I also printed out our family pictures to have the wall up to date.
Doug took Tyler and Chris camping with the Deacon's Quruom over the weekend. It was perfect camping weather. They had a good time, but Doug was reminded how much work camping is with the ward, and is grateful that he doesn't have to do it every month anymore.
The girls and I watched Mulan Friday night since Damon was with friends.
Saturday was busy cleaning and organizing. Doug and I were invited to go out to dinner with the Abernethys. We went to Crust pizza and had a great time visiting with them.
My mom found out this week that her mission has been postponed. She needs to make a decision about delaying or staying home and serving remotely. She is getting closer to closing on her house - still waiting on a few things, but she is making great progress on cleaning out the house.
Doug' dad isn't doing well and actually went into the hospital Saturday night. It is so hard to not be able to help or give him any relief from his pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment