This week we finished up our 3rd quarter of school. The kids had Friday off of school to start our Spring Break early. We went to Spring Creek to enjoy the beautiful spring weather. Cloudy and warm, perfect for visiting with friends and digging in the sand.
The kids have discovered Nutella, they all love PB and Nutella sandwiches!
We were gifted a new coloring tool. You put in crayon bits and it melts them down so you can color with melted wax. It comes out like a ball point pen. The youngest three had fun with that.
Saturday our HOA had a treat we could pick up at a nearby park. They were chocolate dipped strawberries that had totally melted in the sun. We took them home and put them in the fridge. We hadn't been to this park so the kid had fun trying out the new equipment. Our cooler weather is gone I think. Here comes summer!
I had a slight set back this weekend, I was supposed to flight to Utah to help my mom drive to her mission in Independence Missouri. However, a big snow storm decided to go through the exact area that we were going to be driving. So we thought it best to wait for the storm to pass, but that made it so that I couldn't go. I was sad that I couldn't go and help my mom, and frustrated with the change of plans. I had been anxious about the storm, so part of me was relieved that I wouldn't have to drive in it, but then I felt guilty about feeling relieved. Anyway, lots of mixed emotions on Wednesday night we made the decision. So then I had a free day basically on Thursday, since I wasn't supposed to be home and the kids were still in school. I was still a bit sad in the morning, but I went for a walk, exercised, visited with a friend, read a book, and took a nap. It was a nice break to get ready for a week with kids at home.
COVID-19 update: It has been 1 year since COVID hit. We went to the Aquarium last year without masks and then everything shut down and the craziness started. Amazing that it has been going on this long. More people are getting vaccines now, we still have to wear masks everywhere. The schools have stayed open all year the kids just have to wear masks and social distance. No parents are allowed on campus and no deliveries are allowed. Doug's parents were able to vaccinated and my mom was able to get her first one.
No comments:
Post a Comment