Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Busy weekend: March 22 - 27 2021

 During the day this week was a normal week.  Kids go to school, dad goes to work, I stay home and bake and keep the house running.  This week I made wheat bread, blueberry muffins, and lemon bars.  I made sugar cookies on Thursday so that I could take a picture to post on my website for this week.  I did a rainbow decoration so I had to make a bunch of colors.  It's not my favorite thing to do, but they turned out cute.  

I helped clean the church on Tuesday, moms volunteer to disinfect everyday after seminary to keep the church clean. We had the primary girls activity at our house this week (pushed back from last week due to Spring Break).  We talked about friendship and made starters for Amish Friendship Bread.  The girls had a good time. 

Wednesday is Tyler's busy day.  We leave for piano at 5:30 and then I take him right to soccer practice after that.  He was extra busy this week because he had soccer tryouts right after school.  He made it past the first cut, but didn't make the team.  He was disappointed and thought that he was better than some of the kids that made it, but it was a good learning opportunity I guess.  It's times like this that I wish we weren't in such big schools.  It's almost impossible to get on school teams unless you know the coach etc.  And the competition is unreal, to have a chance you have to start your kid playing a sport when they are 5 or younger.  Sigh, oh well.  

We had some fun activities during the end of the week. On Thurs day I had a Girls Night Out to watch a movie.  We finally decided on Strictly Ballroom.  It was fun to watch an older movie that we could laugh at the costumes, actors, and cinematography and it still is a cute show.  Friday the Primary put on an activity for the ward.  We watched the Emperor's New Groove. They used a big inflatable screen and projector and we all sat on camp chairs in the parking lot.  We were blessed with good weather and it was a very enjoyable evening. 

Saturday was about one of the busiest we have ever had.  Doug helped with the lawn aeration fundraiser for the YM so he was gone from 7 - 4 PM.  Damon had his leader ship Zoom from 8:30 -12 and then helped the girls get to a birthday party and then helped Doug with the last of the aeration.  Tyler had a Choir Solo Competition at 8:00 then went and helped with the aeration, then had a soccer game at 12:30.  Then he had about 15 minutes to shower and get ready for a birthday party.  Chris stayed home all day, and the girls had a birthday part from 2-5 PM.  I played taxi and got everyone where they needed to go.  It actually worked out better than I expected and I finished cleaning up the house in the afternoon and I did some of Tyler's jobs for him since he didn't have time.  It was a busy busy day.  In the evening everyone fed themselves which was nice and I made the Thai Sticky Rice Mango dessert for game night.  We went over to the Shurtiffs at 8:30 and had fun playing and visiting with friends.  They have started on their pool and the gunite was put in this week.  It looks great and it will be fun when it is all done.  

Tyler's team is pretty good this year, but the other teams that they have played seem just a bit better.  Their record is 1-2 now.  The first half of this game was 0-4, then in the second half we each scored once.  So they got better in the second half.  Tyler was keeper for a bit in the second half and he did well, he blocked some and got scored on once.  Tyler also did well as defender and had some really got blocks.  

 

No comments: