Monday morning we went to the parade. It was pretty hot and I actually walked over to the grocery store (it wasn't far from where we were sitting) and bought some popsicles and baby wipes. I think we all had 3 during the parade. The boys got enough candy - they are not aggressive enough yet to get more, but that's just fine with me. Chris liked the horses at the end.
We had lunch and quiet time and I went to the grocery store (without the boys :) and Doug did some Halliburton stuff from home). Then we went to another neighbor (the Watt's) for a BBQ. We had Elk burgers and salads and fruit. It was a great get together. The kids all had fun with squirt guns and their playground equipment. Chris fell into the slip 'n slide pool trying to get his sippy cup and got his front all wet, it was pretty funny actually.


After the BBQ we decided we should get a slip 'n slide, so we went and got a basic one at the store and went home and tried it out. The boys aren't quite old enough, but Doug helped them slide. Chris got on after the water was turned off and pushed himself backwards and said 'weee,' it was pretty cute.
We had an easy dinner then went and got some movies from Red Box. We watched Despicable Me, it was pretty cute. Then we put Chris to bed then went out for some fireworks. It was raining on and off, but not too hard. We just did some more snaps and sparklers. Doug also bought some fountains and some trucks that moved a bit as they shot off sparks. The boys had more fun playing with the trucks after they were lit. A bunch of people in our neighborhood bought a ton of firework - the kind that go in the air. So we had a pretty good show provided for us. The boys did pretty good staying up late, I watched the city ones from our backyard. They were ok, not as good as Logan.
Then, as if that wasn't enough fun, Doug and I stayed up and watched Salt. It was a good movie, but very violent. Whew, what a day - and we also got the laundry done and a big sink-full of dishes washed.
2 comments:
Love all th pics! It is great to keep up with all that you and your family are doing. Happy 4th of July!!!
I just read all your updates. Sounds like you had a wonderful 4th - more so than ours.
And I finally read the brownie story. That's CRAZY!
Post a Comment