Monday:
Doug and I had to both drive to SLC to get our new mini-van. We traded in our Altima so then we drove the new van and the truck to Smithfield for the week. They had this fun ship thing that the boys played on. They also had some free arcade games that the boys had fun on as well. It was a good thing they had things to do since it took about 2 hours to get all the paper work done and things sorted out.
Doug and I were able to go do a session at the Logan Temple (thanks Wendy for watching the kids). We hadn't been in the Logan Temple for a long time and enjoyed being there again and were impressed with the new improvements.
In the afternoon Doug went and worked at the apartments and I went in the hot tub with the boys and made a banana cream pie and dinner at my mom's.
Wednesday:
We went to JCPenny's to get pictures taken of the boys. This was probably my worst sitting I've had. It was basically just Christopher who wouldn't cooperate. How do you get a 2 year old to stand still? He was also acting clingy at the time and wouldn't let go of either Doug or I. So the only good shot we got of Chris is when I'm holding him. And we sort of got an OK one of all 3. I had a great coupon to use, but I ended up wasting it because there weren't any good shots to choose from. Needless to say, it was pretty frustrating. Doug picked up some new shoes while we were at the mall and we watched Christopher have a total meltdown when Doug took away his candy cane that was getting all over his hand and making a mess. We love our children.
This is the play area at the mall:
Mom and I got soup ready for dinner, then we had a girls night out with the three of us. We went and saw Breaking Dawn. It was pretty good. The husbands and grandpa were good to watch the children while we had a break.
Thursday:
Doug and I got to sleep in, thanks mom for playing with our kids who are always up around 6:30-7:00. Mom helped me get my food assignments ready for the Petersen dinner and I made a blueberry pie for the Datwyler one. We left at 12:00 to go over the Brenda's. We had a great meal and had fun visiting with the whole family. My boys love seeing their cousins. Damon especially likes his older boy cousin Alex, and Tyler kept telling me that Emily was his new friend. Chris enjoyed himself pushing a stroller around with Winnie the Pooh in it. We went to the school for a while to let the kids play ball and run around on the playground, it was cool but good to get out of the house. I took a fall trying to ride a skateboard - I'm not that great at balancing on moving objects.
Friday:
Mom and I took advantage of Black Friday. I got up at 4;30 (just because Tyler was coughing and I figured I should just get up). So we were shopping by 5:45. We couldn't believe how few people there were. We went to Kohl's first and found a lot of great things. There wasn't a single person in line when we were done. Then we went to Bed Bath and Beyond and found me a new bedding set. I'd been looking for months so we were very exciting to find one that I liked and it was a surprise bonus that it was on sale (we found out when we were checking out). We also went to Michael's, and Ross. We stopped by Best Buy, but the line there was too long. It was a great shopping trip and we were back home by 11:00.
Doug and my dad took the afternoon to saw down a dead tree. It took a while for them to figure out the best way for it to fall, but it was a success in the end.
Doug and I got to run some errands and go out for dinner in the evening. We went to Hamilton's and enjoyed their Early Bird Special. I got a salmon dish that was excellent. Doug then got a fun phone call from his childhood friend and got to go play basketball with his old gang.
Heather and Jennifer (my cousins) and Heather's husband Spencer came over in the evening and we had fun playing the Wii.
Friday night: Damon got the flu and threw up a couple of times in the night. He is such a good kid when he is sick. He made it to the bathroom on his own, while I was getting him a drink of water. We found out that my mom also was sick during the night. Not fun for either of them.
Saturday:
Chris got up at 4:30 because his diaper had leaked and he did not go back to bed. So I got up and started packing our lunches and stuff, since I knew we would want to leave earlier than planned to take advantage of Chris's nap time. Damon was still sick as was my mom. We left around 11:00. Chris and I in the mini-van; Damon, Tyler, and Doug in the Truck. Damon threw up in Wellsville canyon and again when we stopped in Heber. We made it back to Vernal around 4:00. It was a great break and fun to see family.
As a side note Doug got sick Saturday night and stayed home with the boys during church on Sunday. I'm leading the singing in Primary, so I had to go.
Thanks mom for letting us stay and watching our boys so much. They love playing with you and being with family. It was a great Thanksgiving.
1 comment:
Fun rundown!! You guys were really busy, but it sounds like you got your errands done. I'm glad black Friday went well for you. :)
Post a Comment