Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Halloween Fun

Alright, let's get Blogging.

So Halloween has come and gone. We had a lot of fun doing various activities this year, with lots of opportunities to wear our Star Wars Costumes - I think the boys looked really good this year.
Tyler as Darth Vader
Christopher as R2D2
Damon as Obi Won Kenobi - he didn't wear the robe though, but I like it.

First Tyler and Christopher and I went Trick-or-Treating at the Library. It was kind of crazy this year because of the construction for the new library. Chris got a little scared with some of the costumes, but over all we had a good time. I did have to carry Christopher most of the time, he's heavy.On Saturday we did some fun things on our own. We decorated and delivered some cookies and carved our pumpkins. I still had to scrap out the innards, but Damon carved his all by himself. He was pretty proud of it. Tyler didn't do anything this year. He watched Cars (which was to entertain Chris). So I carved the second one.

On Halloween Damon had a party at school, but they couldn't wear their costumes. (Tyler had a party at his Preschool previously). I picked him up from school then we went over to the Rec Center to go to the Carnival. They do a "Mayor's Walk" first where the kids get to walk around the building and get candy from different local businesses. There is always a huge line so that is why we went early. Damon had to change in the truck, but it's a pretty easy costume to put on. Then we waited for Doug because he was going to come and meet us. I also thought that the 'walk' had already started because it looked like the line was moving. But it wasn't, so by the time I decided to stop waiting for Doug and go get in the line, it was really long. Oh well, at least it was nice weather. The boys had light saber fights while we were waiting, but Chris was reaching his limit of sitting in the stroller.

Inside we did a few of the carnival games. It's really busy and crazy inside and the boys don't 'love' the games, so we didn't stay long. We did the bowling and mini-golf. Then did a cake walk, ping-pong game, and a duck one. What the boys really liked was going down the slide. The slide is there all the time, nothing new, but I guess that's what they really wanted to do.

Of course by now it's dinner time and I had planned to make homemade pizzas with rhodes rolls. I knew it was going to take some time even though I had everything ready. I'll do something else next year, but it was still good. It just put us a little behind on getting outside to do the neighborhood trick-or-treating. While we were eating our friends came by and invited us to join them. We told them we'd catch up when we were done. So after getting Tyler's costume back on we called them to see where they were and we were going to meet up. Well, it didn't all go quite as planned and we had to back track a bit, and Tyler was getting tired by the time we finally got together. But we still had fun going around. This was Tyler's first year. We actually went farther than we should have and everyone was ready to go home at the end.

Happy Halloween!

It only took about 5 shots to get this one, I won't make you look at the others. :)

Doug was good to answer the door and give Chris a bath at the same time.
The boys are already planning what they want to be for next year. (clones and other Star Wars characters).

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Your boys look GREAT! I'm serious when I say that I think these costumes are the best I saw all season. Did you make them???