Doug and I took a couple of hours looking at the Honda Dealership. This was one of the reasons for our trip, we're looking at getting a family car. We had our minds set on getting an SUV, either the Pilot, Expedition or something similar. However whenever we would look at them and try to fit 3 or possibly 4 car-seats in there, it just seemed almost impossible with having the boys being able to get in and out by themselves. So we looked at the Honda Odyssey and was pleasantly surprised of how nice it was. So, this opened a whole new mind set for us, we might be getting a mini-van, ahhhh (Doug really didn't want to get a mini-van). But it really is my car, and functionality and cargo space really are more important.
We make individual pizzas for dinner and roasted marshmallows in a fire barrel outside. The boys loved that. Another note to add about this trip is Rico. This is their new puppy. He gets pretty excited and made all my boys nervous at some point. Chris really liked to pet him, but just didn't like getting jumped on.Anyway, back to our trip. Friday morning Doug and I went at looked at the Toyota Siennas. we liked them a bit better just because they have all wheel drive. So we're leaning toward getting one of those.
We had lunch and then in the afternoon we faced the bad traffic on I-15 and drove to Airborne in Draper. The boys had a lot of fun jumping and throwing foam cubes at everyone. Chris can't really jump yet, but he had fun on the slide and turning in circles on the tramps.On Saturday we played at my mom's in the morning while Doug did some repair work at our apartments. We had a hot dog roast in the backyard and a picnic in a 'secret picnic spot.' It was a fun lunch.
After nap we loaded up and went to the Pumpkin Walk. The exhibits were really good. Some of our favorites were: Angry Birds, Calvin and Hobbs, Winnie the Pooh, Gilligan's Island, Candy Land, and Plants vs. Zombies.
After the displays they had a lot of these 'poke your head in the hole and take a picture' things.
2 comments:
That sounds like such a fun weekend!! The pictures make me miss Logan in the fall. :(. I have to laugh that you guys might get a minivan. I remember when we were getting ours, Doug pretty much turned his nose up at the idea, even when I told him vans were great for families and far more kid friendly than SUVs. :). We loved the siennas and Odysseys, but the are SO Expensive. I really wanted one, but we decided to go cheaper, and I really do love my van, even if it isn't a Toyota or Honda.
Oh the minivan dilemma. We went through the exact same thing. Were totally leaning toward a pilot or something and ended up getting a Toyota Sienna that we LOVE. The cargo and ease of getting in and out is phenomenal! I highly recommend them. We got an 8 seater and you can fit 3 carseats on the 2nd row no problem. It is awesome!
Post a Comment