Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holiday Decorations

I'm just going to post Doug's last letter to his parents, it sums up what's been going on with us the best.

"So I'll start out by saying we've been very lucky or blessed with 3 children over the last six years and have not had to deal with sicknesses that involve throwing up (sorry, hopefully I don't gross you out). Sure there were the occasional times where kids got car-sick and had to deal with that but even none of those were very bad, just on the kid and a little on the carseat. But now I'm crying uncle, uncle! Damon got sick the night before we came home from Thanksgiving. Then I got sick the next day. Then Damon got sick again a few days later. Then Chris got sick this past Saturday evening and this was the first time we had to actually really clean stuff up. Thank goodness for the Bissell! Then Monday night Tyler got sick and it was all over his bed. Then last night Damon got sick for the THIRD time but no messes to clean up thankfully. Just all of the instances involved multiple episodes throughout the nights So I've slept in the boys' room the last few nights to "assist" them throughout the night. I haven't got much sleep the last few, hopefully tonight is better. Chris has had diarrhea the last 36 hours too so that's no fun either and the other boys got it today too. Uncle, Uncle! I give up, you win! Thankfully C'Anne hasn't gotten it but she hasn't felt the best either for the first time with pregnancy. Maybe that's a sign this one's a girl. (smirk)

Well, on to other topics. On Saturday we "went up on the mountain" as the locals say and cut down our Christmas tree. This next summer, I'm seriously going to find a different spot and mark a tree in July so we don't have to do the death march again to find a tree. The snow was deep in spots and carrying Chris and dealing with cold, whiny kids and dragging the tree forever back to the truck was quite the workout. It's all good, we found a decent tree and created another memory. It had been a few years since we went as a family. Last year I took the young men and we cut down a few trees for ward members and the year before the only time I had was when C'Anne was in Cache Valley and I was by myself so I cut it and got it ready so when we came home it could be decorated. This tree took me a bit of effort and bridling of the tongue and some re-engineering to get the dang tree standing upright. We really need a new tree stand where the support legs actually touch the ground and not just the bowl so we will look for a discount sale later. This year was fun because Damon really got into the decorations and had fun with the tree. He and Tyler kept putting them on the same branch over and over and it was funny to see C'Anne get a little frustrated and try to explain to a six and four year-old boy the finer art of spacing and alternating colors and types. I thought the 5 red balls on the same branch had a nice touch actually!

C'Anne is enjoying the new mini-van which is very functional. I'm enjoying driving the truck again. One thing that "entertains" me is I can watch my fuel level fall on my gauge as I drive! Well, it's not actually that bad but it's sure not the car either. Some guys at work say my coolness factor has gone up since driving it to work so what else more could I ask for. They say I still need to jack it up so I need a Little Giant to climb in and bigger wheels so that my gas mileage is even crappier. Then I need an exhaust system that can be heard all through town by being in just one spot. Someday I hope to reach their echelon of coolness...j/k.

Still no real snow in Vernal or the surroundings...just up "on the mountain". We got an inch last Saturday which surprisingly melted off in our single digit cold nights and upper 20's days. One of these days winter will really come but no complaints here. If there was snow on the ground it'd be even colder."

We did put lights on our house this year, so that was fun. It was cold, but Doug did a great job!






No comments: