Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Monday, December 19, 2011

Petersen Christmas Party

We made a quick trip up to Logan for the Petersen Christmas Party. We left Saturday morning at 10, then left to go back to Vernal Sunday at 10 am. But we had a lot of fun in between.

We got to Karen's house at 2:30, I left at 2:50 to go pick up some chips and dip and drinks at Lee's. Then I stopped by DownEast because they were having a great sale on their layering tee's. Anyway, after some super fast shopping and trying on I got 8 layering tees for $30, quite the steal. Then after waiting in line for 15 minutes I hurried back to Karen's. Doug had called and said that Chris needed a new outfit, but I had the clothes in the van. So he was going around half dressed when I got there.

We finished getting ready then left for Millville for the party. We had a great set up that Wendy provided. She did an all you can eat pasta bar. The chicken alfredo was my favorite. Everyone played Dodge Ball while the food was getting ready, girls verses boys was pretty entertaining. Chris tried to not get hit.


The girls who got out. (I think they each won once. )

The grown-up table conversing after the meal.

The boys checking on the Aggie game on Doug's phone. It was so funny, they were at a crucial part of the game and Doug's phone lost the signal for a second and they all say no at the same time, and then react as it comes back on and the Aggie's got scored on, or something. They ended up losing after having the lead. Sounds too familiar.
Fun game of unwrap the chocolate bar with two knives while wearing gloves.
Chris didn't like Uncle Eric as Santa, giving him back his sippy that we had left at their house, it was empty Santa - jeez.
Chris's best friend was Emily at the party. She did a great job of leading him around and playing with him. Here they are playing pic-a-boo with the chair. Thanks Emily.
The food was great, the company fun, thanks for the fun time Petersens.

We did do the cousin exchange of gifts. We went around in a circle, chanting the name of the person opening their presents. Damon got a Mater Tales Wii game (we were going to buy it from the Zollinger's but then they decided to just give it to Damon as his present, worked out great). Tyler got a fun airplane that shoots missiles. And Chris got 4 die cast cars from Cars 2. All the boys wanted those and have been fighting, I mean playing with them ever since. Thanks for the fun presents cousins.

Damson slept in the living room with Nick, Tyler had to be moved to our room, he still likes to be by mom and dad. It was pretty late for our kids, they didn't want to go to bed though, they really like playing with Nick and Micheal's toys. Then we got ready Sunday morning and headed back to good old Vernal so I could help with our Stake Christmas Music Program. I was leading the children's choir and our ward choir. It went well. It was was very busy weekend, but filled with fun, and lots of driving. They boys do pretty well, and they don't fight as much in the mini-van.

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

WOW!! Quick trip, but it looks fun.