Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Friday, December 14, 2012

Projects and Pictures

 I tried a new Chocolate Cake recipe from Food Network (Alton Brown).  The cake was pretty good, a little bit dry - I want to try it again with my new kitchen scale that I am getting for Christmas since all the measurements were in weights.  The frosting was awesome though, my new favorite chocolate butter-cream. (You should try this for decorating - cut out a snowflake out of wax paper and dust with powdered sugar then carefully remove - easy and cool looking)

 A new hobby that I want to develop is drawing Zentangles.  They are a lot of fun and something that I like to do: follow patterns. You just fill in a space with cool designs - look it up online if you are curious about it.  I even checked out a book from the library that showed a bunch of patterns to follow.




 We attempted some pictures of the kids:


The holiday season is keeping us busy, but really life just seems normal.  We just kind of do our same routine every day.  Mostly consisting of keeping everyone in the family fed, bottles and dishes washed, clothes clean, and house picked up.

We are trying to get the basement more kid friendly.  We got some carpet from a family in the ward and we are in the process of painting the cement walls.  And we added some big fluorescent lights which really has helped brighten things up down there.  I also want to make a built-in race track under the stairs.  Should be nice when it is all done. 

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

FUN!! I like your Holly Leaves - so cute.