We had a family over for Thanksgiving - I didn't take very many pictures, but we had a great time. They brought the turkey, stuffing, and gravy. I made the potatoes, rolls, sweet potatoes, beans, corn, rainbow jello, cranberry jello, pumpkin pie, and blueberry. It really went very smoothly. I made what I could ahead of time. We kept the kids entertained enough that we even got to play a new game. I am thankful for my family and friends and good food. I am also grateful for good health. All the boys got some stomach bug over the break, but are doing well now. Christopher, Jenna and Kaylee got a cold a week later.
My first time making a rainbow jello, I think it turned out great!
So we usually away at Thanksgiving so we have to get our tree later - but since we stayed home we could get our tree early. The last few years we have cut ours down, but living here the drive is a bit further -not worth it this year. So Doug bought this wrapped up one at the grocery store. We were all pleasantly surprised how full and big is was when we opened it.
The boys all helped get the tree stand ready, complete with safety glasses gloves and helmet for protection.
I always do the lights, I like a lot of them - 7 strands.
The boys did a pretty good job of decorating - only a few branches that were over loaded.
The finished tree!
It is so pretty and big!
1 comment:
Sounds like Thanksgiving was a success!! You are such a good cook that I'm sure it was all wonderful. How fun to share it with another family.
Your tree is lovely. You did a great job with the lights. Beautiful!
Post a Comment