So we are changing schedules a bit and I wanted to write down what I have been doing for the last 3 months or so, just for my records, times are approximate:
This is what a typical day would be like:
6:15 - wake up, shower
6:45 - feed the girls
7:10 - finish getting ready, hair, make-up
7:30 - feed the boys / morning devotional
8:15 - put the girls down for a nap
8:30 - pump
8:45 - walk Damon to school
9:00 - morning stuff - dishes, clean up breakfast etc
9:30 - feed the girls breakfast, cereal, yogurt
10:00 - 11:30 - This is my time to do stuff - go to the store, run errands, play with boys, clean, etc.
11:30 - lunch
12:00 - 12:45 - The following have to get done in these 45 minutes: Read Chris a story and put him down for his nap, put the girls down for their naps, pump and have Tyler read for 15 minutes. Tyler is frequently reading to me while I pump, or reading to the girls while I put Chris down. It's all about the multitasking. Oh, I am frequently eating my lunch while pumping as well.
12:50 - Walk Tyler to school
1:05 - my moment of peace
1:30/2:00 - feel the girls when they wake up
2:30 - another chance to work on things while the girls are happy - sometimes getting dinner ready
3:00 - snack time, Chris will play and then sleep until 3 sometimes, but it is slowly getting shorter. He watches a bit of Cars or Toy Story to help him wake up.
3:30 - pump
3:50 - boys home from school: help with homework, daily chores, after school craziness etc.
4:00 - boys are playing the wii, put the girls down for a nap, make dinner
5:00 - dinner
5:30 - feed the girls dinner - baby food and half a bottle
5:45 - clean up, dishes
6:00 - Doug home, help him get food
6:30 - baths (on a bath night), family time or whatever
7:30 - milk and cracker with the boys, while reading scriptures
7:40 - brush teeth, prayers, story, bed - Doug does this while I am with the girls and pumping
8:00 - Doug listens to Damon read his 15 minutes (or he read to me while I pumped), I am feeding the girls and putting them to bed. Sometimes if the girls are up later Doug and I will feed them together after Damon is in bed.
8:30/9:00 - all the kids are in bed and Doug and I catch up with each other, clean up the house, wash bottles, wash dishes, and do any of the other stuff that needs to get done.
10:00 - read scriptures together and pray, I usually pump while we read
10:30 - bed (on a good night, if Doug and I want to spend more time together or get more stuff done, then I don't make it to bed until 11-11:30, and Doug usually takes a nap while I finish pumping and then he stays up until 12 or 1:00 doing work).
And then we do it all over again :)
I get a lot of stuff done while pumping - I usually check my email, then play Words with Friends, then I look at Facebook sometimes, then I look online at Craigslist. We found Damon's bedroom set, a TV entertainment stand, some book shelves, a car seat, and a balance bike from there. Grateful for the iPad.
Life is crazy, but some changes for the good are happening. The girls are now eating 3 solid meals a day, and then having half bottles as snacks - this is actually more feedings, but they seem to need more food. But it is less milk, so I am only pumping 4 times a day instead of 5. Also the girls are now shifting to only 2 naps a day, and on a good day the second nap is a bit longer - so that is good. Chris however is rarely napping and not staying in quiet time as much, so I think I will be putting him down later, the same time as the girls go down, to still try and have a moment to myself in the afternoon. Doug and I are also trying to go to bed earlier, but getting up earlier to get stuff done and I want to exercise - we have only done this starting this week, so we will see how it goes.
And every post needs a picture so here you go:
1 comment:
Your family is just adorable and your girls are getting so big. You are such an amazing mom!
Post a Comment