Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Fort Fun in Fort Collins

 So back on March 9th we took a family day and explored some of the areas nearby.  We drove up to Loveland and checked out the outlet stores up there (I wanted to go to Carter's).  We tried to find a park with a playground, but it was snowy anyway, so we found some cement picnic tables to have our lunch.  It was warm enough, but the wind made it a bit chilly. 

 Then we drove to Fort Collins and went to a place called Fort Fun.  They have a lot of activities there, but we just let the kids play on the arcades.  They had a lot of fun.  Doug and I even played a few.  The learning experience was to work on our communication.  I was playing a game and Doug had placed the diaper bag with all our tickets near me on the floor - without telling me and I didn't notice.  So then when I was done and Doug was playing a game I was pushing the girls in the stroller to another area and glanced back at my game and noticed that our diaper bag was sitting there.  So I grabbed the bag.  Then Doug asked where the tickets were.  I didn't know - so obviously someone had taken all of our tickets that had been on our bag - at least they didn't take my wallet that was in there or anything else.  We had been playing for quite awhile and were almost done, so there were a lot of tickets there.  The boys were bummed- but pretty good about it.  Mostly because I don't think they understood how much they lost. Damon probably understood the most - but we tried to turn it into a learning experience.  We ended up with a few tickets that we earned and some that had fallen below the diaper bag- so we all got some tootsie rolls.  The guy even gave us some extras which was nice.  So now we know to communicate and hold onto our tickets better in the future. But we still had a fun time.







1 comment:

Wendy said...

Courtney once won a 1000 tickets and I lost 800 of them. I feel your pain.