Doug brought home flowers and chocolates the day before Valentines so I was surprised to see them early. Then on Valentine's morning there was a wrapped present on the counter and I discovered that he gave me a locket too. I had hinted that I liked this necklace from a Groupon, but I thought he was going to give it to me for my birthday, so that was a surprise. Doug really treated me well and gave me a great Valentine's Day this year.
The charms are "my boys" and then two flowers pink and purple for the girls, then one that says XOXO
I have fun making Doug's present this year. Again I found this idea on Pinterest. I printed off a bunch of pictures of Doug and I and then made this collage on our initials.
It took a bit of time to make the pictures fit and cut them to the right size, but it was fun and I think it turned out great. They are pretty big, 8 inches by 12 inches, you can't tell in the picture, sorry no frame of reference.
Doug also took me to the Stake Valentine's Dance. We got together with some other couples from the ward and went to eat at Nordy's BBQ and Grill, it was really good. We had to wait awhile to be seated, but then we talked and ate for about 2 hours. It was great to enjoy good food and company. The dance was fun. The theme was high school reunion. They had old school photographs, letterman jackets and cheer leading outfits on the wall. They did a good job. We danced for awhile, Doug was a good sport about it. They had a Wii hooked up and did a couple of Just Dance songs for the crowd to dance to, it was fun. It was a great night away from the kids and normal routine of things. I am so grateful for Doug and the wonderful guy that he is and I was so glad that I could spend the evening with him.
I will post the picture of us when they email it to us. You were supposed to dress like you did in high school. Well, I found my old orange hat and wore my Tuellerette jacket. I actually had two people come up to me recognizing the jacket, pretty funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment