Well, I had a great birthday. Doug surprised me with this Chromecast device. It is pretty cool. Now we can watch YouTube videos, listen to Pandora and watch General Conference on our TV- being connected wirelessly to the computer or our phones or the iPad. I also got new shirt and movie and new snow boots.
In the morning I went to our Stake Women's Conference. It was a great meeting with inspired talks. They provided lunch and had some service projects that we could help with. It was a great morning to have a break from the normal routine and visit with friends.
In the afternoon I still had some Saturday chores to do, but such is the life of a parent. I also spent some time preparing for my Primary lesson - I need to be better at doing more earlier in the week.
After dinner we were invited to a friends house to play a "not so newly wed" game. It was a lot of fun. She had a chocolate fountain and we all brought things to dip. Then we tried to answer questions correctly with our spouses to earn the most points. Doug and I didn't do the greatest, but it was still a lot of fun. I guess we need to go on more dates and talk so we can get to know each other better.
33 sounds like a fun number to me, so I am happy to be it. I had lots of birthday wishes on Facebook and emails and a few phone calls from family. I am lucky to have the friends that I do and I am grateful for Doug and all of my family.
Here's to another year older :)

No comments:
Post a Comment