Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sick Kids

We all know that having sick kids is so much fun, and it's twice as 'fun' with twins.  All week I have been holding crying girls and trying to teach them that they have to 'share' mommy.  They will push each other and scream as they fight over who gets to sit in my lap.  Sometimes one will be more needy than the other so that is nice when I only have to hold one at a time.  They have had fevers all week and haven't napped well.  At least they have slept through the nights pretty well.  Chris also had a fever and now Tyler, Doug and I are getting colds.  Damon had a sore throat for a bit, but seems to be doing ok now.  I can't complain too much since we have been relatively healthy all winter, but it still makes the days hard to have so much crying going on.

So now we move onto March and hope for spring weather even though it snowed yesterday.  I haven't taken many pictures so this is what you get.

Chris has liked to dress up as Spider-man this week.
 Tyler makes these 'fort's in the corner of our living room and everyone fights over who gets to play in them.  On day we might be able to calmly talk about our wants and learn to take turns.  :)


I am getting excited for this weekend.  I am going on a girls getaway to Estes Park with some friends.  It will be so much fun and a needed break for me.

Actually I did have a fun night this past Thursday.  We had book club for the book Austenland and then we stayed and watched the movie.  It was so much fun.  We all laughed at the silliness of everything, but you still wanted the romantic stuff.  It was a great night.  And our hostess Sarah made the most fantastic desserts.  A fabulous chocolate cake with custard and strawberries inside, some custard tarts and some lemon shortbread cookies.  She made everything look fancy to mirror the Austenland feel.  She is amazing.

No comments: