Not much happened this week. I went to the Zoo on Wednesday with Chris and the girls. I went with a friend and we realized that it was spring break for the Denver school districts. It was crazy. We got there right as the zoo opened and the parking lot was already full and most of the side streets. I ended up parking about a mile away in the city park. We still had a fun time, the zoo didn't feel as crowded as it looked. This was the first time going since the girls have gotten good at walking - so of course they wanted to walk around. I was glad that my friend's mom came. She pushed my stroller while I chased the girls. Jenna is pretty good to hold my hand and stay close, Kaylee is too independent and adventurous for her own good. We ate lunch and then quickly saw the other half of the zoo, everyone was getting tired. The girls fell asleep as we walked to the van but then were awake for the drive home. Thankfully they did go down for a nap when we got home, though it did take Kaylee awhile to fall asleep.
Doug and I went out to dinner on Friday, we don't get a babysitter very often so it was nice to have a couple of hours alone. We ate at a Mexican restaurant called Santiago's and then went to TCBY.
Saturday Doug went to a convert baptism and then took Damon and Tyler to the Harlem Globetrotter's. They had a fun time and I was glad they got to spend some time with their dad. I did the normal Saturday cleaning, read a book (Divergent), fixed some flat tires on the boys' bikes, and then went to the Women's Conference and enjoyed visiting afterwards with the ladies in the Stake.
This was the first time I tried putting their hair in full pig tails. They didn't stay in very long in the back, but it was fun.
Damon's version of a Vulture Droid.
1 comment:
I'm glad you got a date night, especially after being sick! The girls look so cute with pigtails, they are adorable!
Post a Comment