Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sick, Sick, Bleh!

Wow, we have never had a bout of sickness like this one before!  Here's a brief timeline and I'll spare you the worst details:

Monday night: Kaylee gets sick (nursery?) and throws up every 10-15 minutes from 9:30 p.m. - 2:30 a.m. I "slept" with her down on the couch until 3:00 a.m. then Doug took a turn.

We have a brief break and get a good night's sleep Tuesday, all to prepare us for horrible Wednesday...

Wednesday morning: I feel sick and throw up twice during the day.  Doug came home at 1:00 to help out and just in time to receive a phone call from the school.

Wednesday afternoon: Damon came home sick from school (he made it to the trash can they said), Jenna starts throwing up around 3:00 and continues every 10-15 minutes until 8:00 p.m.  I just held her for those 5 hours and we both felt miserable together.

Wednesday evening: Tyler starts throwing up and Chris joins him after he went to bed around 9:30 p.m. I help until around 11:00 and after that Doug stays with the boys to help them get to a bucket or the bathroom during the night.  Doug was a hero and cleaned up all the messes and was amazingly the only one who didn't get sick!  He basically bobbed and weaved from sick person to sick person for 24 hours straight.

Thursday was a Redbox day and we got "Frozen" in our life.  Great story and good songs!  I even went and bought the movie yesterday.

The sickness was relatively quick and everyone was feeling better by Friday, but that one day and night was pretty crazy - actually absolutely HORRIBLE.  I guess it was good to get through everyone at the same time, but I don't really want to do that again anytime soon.  I felt so bad for Jenna and Kaylee - they had no idea what their body was doing.  The boys never went through anything like that so young.  We had one night in Vernal that was bad for Tyler but that's about it.

But hey, glad that's over and now we have one more week until April and spring break.  We aren't doing anything, but hopefully the weather will be warmer and we can play outside or go to the park.

No comments: