Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Girls Getaway

 So for a couple of years I have wanted to go on a girls getaway trip and I finally made it happen this past weekend.  It was quite the process of getting things scheduled but it was well worth it.

Four of my friends and myself went up to Estes Park and stayed at the World Mark resort there.  We left around 4:00 and had to drive through some slushy snow, but the roads weren't too bad.  We had some great conversations on the way up and learned about everyone's marriage story and a little bit more about themselves.  We arrived around 6:30 and got our Papa Murphy's pizzas in the oven first thing.  We discovered that their oven seemed to be on the warm side and had our crusts a little too dark, but they still tasted good.
Alayna Ashby, Me, Kara Parnell, Michelle Weingardt, Kim Dixon

That evening we played Bang, ping pong, billiards, Spot it, Guesstures, and watched Austenland.  The movie got over around 1:00 am.  We had a blast playing all of the games and enjoying each other's company.  I didn't sleep the greatest on the couch, but it is always hard in a new place.



We had cream cheese and raspberry french toast for breakfast and enjoyed eating in a quiet atmosphere.  Then we played a bit of Balderdash then took a walk around the property to get some fresh air.  It was such a beautiful day, we didn't even need out coats later.  The perfect winter wonderland.


 Then we finished packing up and drove down town around 12:00.  Looking online I saw that there was an ice skating rink nearby and we had a great time even though it was pretty small and a little slushy in the warmer weather.  It had been way too long since I last skated, I need to go more often because it is so much fun.


Then we walked by the tourist shops on Main St.  There were so many icecream/fudge/candy shops; we wondered how they all managed to compete with each other.  We bought some candy sticks for our kids and some locally made taffy for our husbands. Watching the taffy get cut and wrapped was pretty cool. 

The place we bought the candy sticks, the door was on an angle- you could barely get it in. 

Then we went to a local place for lunch and I had an awesome Philly Cheese steak sandwich.  I usually don't take pictures of what I eat, but this deserved to be documented.  

 By this time is was about 2:00 pm so it was time to go home.  I was glad for the warmer weather to drive home in.  We had to go on a slightly longer route both ways due to construction.  They are fixing the main road from the destruction from the flood last September.

I had so much fun.  It was a great break to have from the kids and just have a chance to play and be with my friends.  Thanks everyone who came and for the husbands for watching the kids at home.  Poor Doug had a long night with the girls and he had an emergency conference call he had to take while feeding the kids breakfast.  Thanks for letting me go Doug, you'll get your break soon.



No comments: