Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Last week of August

Last Sunday in singing time the teachers got to wear funny hats if their class was singing well.  It got the kids motivated and was fun.  

Our garden has done pretty well this year. Our zucchini plant died right at the beginning of the season, but the peas, beans, beets, carrots, tomatoes, and cantaloupe have done well.  We planted watermelons too, but there aren't very many and they are pretty small.  Right now the tomatoes are coming full force.  Doug, Chris, Damon and Jenna are happy about that.  

 Two cute girls snuggling up and resting.
 I tried a new braid this week.  I had done just a single braid across earlier in the week, but because their hair grows straight forward their hair was still flipping forward and getting in their face.  So this way the braid controlled all of their top hair. Kaylee's was one braid curved around.

 Jenna's was two braids tied together at the side.
 The girls are crazy little monkeys.  We got out the slip 'n slide yesterday after if finally warmed up after a week of coolness, cloudiness, and rain.

Everything else seems to be going fine.  The boys finished their 2nd week of school.  Chris will be starting preschool this week.  I went to curriculum night and had book club this week.  I love my friends here and we can talk forever.  I think we finally wrapped things up around midnight.  Doug has been busy with work.  He has low on help and didn't have a sand person scheduled for the weekend, so he had to help with that.  

We are ready for September and for whatever the fall brings. 

2 comments:

Rob & Emily Willardson Family said...

I'm jealous of your tomatoes, we planted 6 plants and still don't have one tomato! Good job on the girls' braids! They look great! I should be more creative on my girls hair!
I am glad you have great friends there! I bet they are as amazing as you!

Tannie Datwyler said...

I love the first picture - what a fun idea for singing time.

I'm so jealous of your garden!! We can't wait to have our own next year.

The girls' hair is so cute. I am good at SOME hairstyles, but french braids are one that I'm not too good at. Especially with my girls' hair.