I have started a new project. I am taking the girls' baby blankets and sewing them into 2 twin quilts. Doug was brilliant and suggested that I take a picture of the fabrics so I could play around with the squares until I found the pattern that I liked. I think this one is the winner. I didn't have enough blankets to get 9 colors so I had to buy 2 different fabrics to make it work. I need to finish cutting the squares and then start sewing. I had to get the girls new pillow cases since I had sewn two of their blankets into pillow cases.
Not much else going on, just some random pictures. Everyone did get colds this week, so hopefully by Monday everyone will be better. I got sick yesterday, boo.
| Jenna |
| Kaylee |
Nap time today Jenna went down well in their room. We put another toddler mattress in our room for Kaylee to sleep on. I didn't lock the door and came up later to find her playing in Chris's room. So we will have to work on that.
They are growing up, we might give potty training a try sometime soon. We'll see how that goes. Not sure if they're ready or not, but I'm willing to try for a few days.
Damon and Tyler start school tomorrow. We met their teachers on Friday night. Damon has Mrs. Doughty (moved up from 2nd grade) and Tyler has Mrs. Pool (transferred over from another elementary school). They both seem nice so I hope it will be a good school year.
2 comments:
It's so sad when summer comes to an end, but it's also so great to start on a schedule again! Looks like you had a fun summer! Happy new school year!
We've still got two weeks left - this week and next week. They start late here. I like that we don't go back until September, but I wish they had 180 school days here like MOST states (roll eyes - Idaho, get with it). We've only got 169 days. I wish we went a few weeks into June to make it a full 180.
Sounds like a fun last week. :)
Post a Comment