Family Photo 2019

Family Photo 2019

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Father's Day June 21 - 27, 2020

Sunday -
Doug actually went to church on Father's Day.  It was the first time that our ward met in the Chapel since mid March.  Only about 40 people were in attendance.  Doug went early and cleaned and sanitized and then he stayed after and cleaned again.  Most wore masks and there was no singing.  They speaker didn't have to wear a mask, but they wiped the podium down in between speakers.
We had our own sacrament when Doug came home.  I gave a lesson on baptism.  We really making plans now for the girls baptisms.  We had been waiting on my mom's plans, but we learned that her cruise was canceled - so now she is coming up with a new plan and we will figure out a date for the girls.

I made oatmeal for Doug in the morning, none of the kids were up in time to wish him a happy father's day before he left for church - they are getting good at sleeping in on Sundays.  But we all celebrated when he came home.  After lunch he opened his presents.  I gave him some work-out stuff: tank top, water botter, sweat towels, also some bike things: a light and odometer.  I also gave him some protein bars, Dr. Pepper 10, and jerky.
For dinner we had grilled chicken, roasted potatoes, corn on the cob, fruit salad, rolls, and molasses sugar cookies.  It was super yummy and I am always grateful to Doug for grilling.  Doug played Kind of Tokyo with the kids while I did the dishes - there were a lot of them.

The girls bought Ukuleles a few days ago and they already have figured out how to play a few songs.  Kaylee played We Thank Thee Oh God For a Prophet for our church meeting.
Monday -
Chris woke up in the night saying that he couldn't sleep, it was 2:30 am.  I helped him the best I could and put him back to bed.  He said he didn't feel well and his temperature was low, 96 degrees.  His temperature was normal in the morning, so I don't know why it was so low.  I had a hard time going back to sleep, my anxiety kicked in.  I really didn't want to wake up at 6:00 to go running.  I managed to get up at 6:25 and was out the door by 6:45.  It was so hot and humid outside, it almost felt like I was running in a sauna.

After getting the laundry going I started working on some photo book for the girls.  Even though our picture taking outing didn't turn out like we planned there were still quite a few cute ones and so instead of getting prints of a bunch I decided to make some small books for the girls.  The 5x7 ones at Walmart are only $10.  It took me a while to get them all organized and looking good, but I was so grateful that I could copy the book and then just switch out a few pictures to make the second one for Kaylee.  That saved me a lot of time!

Then I started working on their baptism announcement - that was pretty easy and then I ordered a few prints to put in the their binder and display at their baptism.  We are going to have it at a neighbors pool, so it will be a bit different than the norm, but more special maybe.

Damon started working on the girls video slide show.  He wanted to do it in his Premiere program he used at school, but after about an hour of messing with it, it became apparent that I should just use my regular program.

The kids played really well today while I spent so much time on the computer working on photo books, videos, and picture prints.  Doug and I went for a walk in the evening.  It had rained and stormed earlier so it was cooler and felt nice.

Tuesday -
I did a harder workout this morning.  It can be depressing since I think I'm in pretty good shape but then I do this work out and I feel like a weakling.

We went swimming with the Shurtliff's at 10:00.  We have to sign up to swim now at our community pool because of all of the regulations due to Covid-19.  It was a little bit cold at the pool because of the rain the day before and it was cloudy.  But the kids had a great time playing with friends.

Damon made banana bread after lunch, it's fun to see him baking.

Wednesday-
It rained during the night and was still raining in the morning.  I hadn't slept well but I felt like I could go running - easier sometimes to just move your feet than do a workout.  So I went out in the rain.  It didn't bother me, it wasn't a super hard rain, but it was more than a drizzle.  I ran through a bunch of deep puddles and my shoes were soaked but I still ran my 4 miles.

Kaylee had her expander put in in the afternoon.  She was pretty quiet about it, but I could tell she didn't like it.  She has to eat carefully now and she eats very slowly.  She had tomato soup for breakfast because she didn't want to chew anything.
Thursday -
Thunderstorms in the night again.  This time Kaylee and Jenna came down and stayed in our bed for awhile.  I took them back to their room when it seemed like the worst was past.  The storm woke me up two more times but thankfully the girls stayed in their rooms.  No one slept very well, the boys woke up too, but they are good to stay in their rooms.

I went to the grocery store and then the dentist.  I discovered a little black spot on my tooth and wanted to have it looked at.  The dentist just told me it was a cavity that had re-mineralized.  So that was a good thing.  I could have it drilled out and filled if I didn't want the dark spot, but it's on the top so no one really can see it, so I'm just going to leave it.

I spent more time trying to figure out what to do on our trip.  I like going on trips, but I don't like planning them.  I don't like making decisions.  I know that whatever I decide someone won't like it.

Friday-
I went for a shorter run, 2 miles, and then did some yoga.  My hamstrings are still very sore from Tuesdays workout so the yoga felt good to stretch.

Tyler had his "Guild" performance in the afternoon.  It wasn't the normal guild that Marilyn does, but she paid a judge to come to her house and listen to her students.  Tyler did a good job and she gave some good feedback for him.  Tyler played Canon in D, Arabesque, Buzzing Bee, Be Still My Soul, A Sonatina by Clementi that has three movements: Allegro, Andante, and Vivace, Minuet in G minor by Bach, and The Allegro movement of a Kuhlau Sonatina. 

 Chris built his KiwiCo box.  It was a cool pendulum glow in the dark thing. 

Doug and I finally sat down to figure out what were were going to try and do on our trip.  I realize that I should not waste my time doing it on my own.  Doug usually has his own plan in his mind and we need to just do it together.  The bummer was that all of the outdoor things that we wanted to do were closed or you needed a reservation for - and they were of course all booked up.  Sad that you can't go drive and look at nature - you have to have a spot just to get into a state park.  Crazy!  So we are just going to take it easy and go to a nearby lake and try and play in the river near the condo.  We really liked the look of a nearby state park, but we will have to try and go camping there another time since it was full. 

No comments: