Normal Sunday yesterday. We had a nice Sacrament meeting at home. Doug talked about racial prejudices a bit because of all of the current events and riots that have been going on. It is sad to see the country in this much chaos. I wish that we could all just love each other and treat each other with kindness.
I helped edit my dad's history that my mom is working on. She did a great job and it will be a great thing to have for our family. I made a nice dinner of baking chicken, mashed potatoes, asparagus, carrots, green salad, strawberries and peaches, and machine bread. It tasted extra good since it was a fast Sunday. We have been enjoying a half box of peaches these last few days and they have been so tasty!
We took our normal after dinner walk, but this time we did it around the Nature Center pond. It was a hot muggy evening and we were all sweaty when we got back, grateful for air conditioning.
Monday-
Another week. I was able to get the wash started early. I went for my morning run at 6:30. I have been feeling slow lately and had to walk a bit. I have been going for 4 miles around a nearby 'lake.' It's a man made body of water at a park, but it is very pretty and peaceful in the morning and I enjoy the scenery. I listen to a conference talk and then switch to an audio book. Right now I am listening to the Bear and the Nightingale. It is a different book, Russian elements and had an old folklore/fairy tale feel to it.
I made some dr. appointments and did odds and ends around the house. We started watching a National Geographic documentary about North America's Most Amazing Animals. It was fun to watch. The kids enjoyed it as well.
Tyler has started watching some PG-13 movies since his birthday. I try to watch with him when I can, or Damon does. We have watched the Hobbit movies and now have started the Lord of the Rings. We are one the first movie. I do like the cinematography of those films. They did a good job.
Tuesday-
I had a Dr. appointment for my yearly check-up and took advantage of the trip to get some other errands done. I'm so grateful that the kids are old enough to watch themselves for the most part. I was able to return some items at Marshals, pick up books from the library, buy some new running shoes at Academy, and buy a display case at Hobby Lobby. I didn't get everything done, but it was enough to feel productive. I hope to get some other stops done today. The thrift store only accepts donations on certain days, so I couldn't stop yesterday.
The kids have been having fun filling large balloons with water. There are two huge water balloons on our patio right now, they just roll around and are fun to hold.
It is getting hot and humid. We are watering the flowers for the Shurtliffs while they are gone on vacation and their flowers are just drooping - I hope they don't die.
Doug is working on things in the Bishopric to get ready for us going back to church. They have to figure out how to seat people while social distancing and how to clean before and after the service. I think it's great that we are trying to open the church up, but it seems like a lot of work for 40 minutes of worship. I think they are going to encourage those who want to stay home, to continue to do so, and only those who really feel the need to go back to church. We'll see how it goes.
Wednesday-
I tried out my new shoes running in the morning. They felt different but good. I didn't have to walk so that was good, but I still felt slow. Sigh, I just don't seem to have the energy that I used to have. I feel burned out all of the time.
Centers - I am been enjoying joining the kids with their centers, it makes me get things done in the morning. :) Tyler had piano lessons and then I worked on pictures a bit in the afternoon. I took Kaylee into the orthodontist in the afternoon. It was her first real appointment. She had spacers put in so that she can get an expander. Her teeth are a bit sore this morning.
We went to the pool after dinner. It was a bit cooler than when we went on Saturday. It also looked cleaner, so maybe they put in some clean water. The day wasn't as hot and there was a bit a of a breeze, so it felt cooler out of the water.
After baths and putting the girls to bed I read a bit with Chris. He was given a great big book with 5000 facts in it from the librarian at Broadway. He has been loving it. He was reading some of the facts to me while we were cuddled on the couch and I was so tired that I feel asleep for a bit. I am always tired lately. I would think that exercising and eating pretty well would give me more energy, but it doesn't seem like it.
Thursday -
I was feeling kind of down today, sometimes I'm not sure why. Just feeling like I can never get anything done besides the basics: cleaning up, making food, etc. I took Chris to pick out some new glasses at Walmart. Because of Covid we couldn't even go in to look until there was another helper there to assist us. We checked back twice and on the third time we could go in. Then we had to get our temperature checked, hands sanitized, answer questions, and not touch any glasses. We could point and then the lady would take them off of the wall so Chris could try them on. Then she would have to clean them all before she put them back. It is so crazy of all the things we have to do. They are maybe going to announce some plans for the next school year on Tuesday, so we'll see how that goes. I wonder if we will just do more home schooling.
Doug announced that a Panda Express was going to open up close to us. Chris over heard this and started doing his happy dance. He is pretty silly and brings a smile to all of us when he is happy. I played Liar (BS) with some of the kids last night. Jenna was excited that she got out first. The others were having fun trying to sneak in cards or catch others lying. It was a fun game. We also played 99. They learned this one at school, since it is good for math practice.
Friday-
The days all seem to be the same. Friday was only 2 days ago, but I can't remember what we did. I'm sure the kids played and I made food. :) OH, I did get a hair cut, that was nice. I decided to go short again. Chris played at a friends house. I had to basically force him to go. This friend and him sometimes don't get along, so he didn't want to play with him. It ended up being fine, but it just crazy the amount of effort it takes to make Chris do anything he doesn't want to do.
Saturday-
I went for my morning run. I usually go on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays. The other days I do P90X3 workouts or some of the HIIT workouts that my friends have posted online. I run pretty slowly, but I go for 4 miles. If I get under a 10 min mile I'm doing good. Usually I am over though.
My friend Natalie went with me to the beauty supply store. She helped me pick out some hair color and helped me dye my hair. I've never really colored my whole head before, just highlights. Once in Vernal a friend colored it with a washable color. I was excited and the color turned out really well. It is quite red, which I was hoping it wouldn't be too red, but it is just from my natural undertones.
Doug and I went out to lunch at the Thai Cottage - the food was really good, but they served it on paper plates and plastic silverware. Covid-19 is affecting everything. It really is a drag. It made eating out not very fun.
Other pictures: Jenna finished a blanket for her monkey. Her stitches are very good.
Damon finished his hand crank phone charger. You have to crank for 5 minutes to get 10% of a charge, but hey if you're desperate. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment