Fast Sundays can be hard, especially for the kids. They were all pretty grumpy in the morning and I had to put out a few arguments. It's amazing how it is so much harder to control our emotions when we are not feeling physically well. I get a bit testy in the afternoon after I've been working on food for about 2 hours and everyone else is playing or napping. I try to keep my thoughts positive and count my blessings but it's hard, especially on fast Sundays. :)
Doug needed more potatoes and chicken, so we made lots of baked chicken and broiled potatoes. Doug was good to finish off baking the chicken. Chris requested fudge and he helped me make that. We like the easy marshmallow recipe, you don't even have to cook anything, just melt the chocolate. I made lion house rolls because that sounded good to me, I ate 3 of them, so yummy.
The evening was cooler than most so we walked around our bigger block (1 mile) and then the kids scootered and drew with sidewalk chalk while we sat outside. It's so nice to sit outside and not be dying of heat.
Doug and I had seen a hermit crab in the gutter a few days prior and I noticed that it had died on one of my morning runs. We brought it back to the house and Doug pulled the crab out so we could keep the shell. It smelled of fish.
Monday August 3,
I started the day with a 4 mile run. I felt pretty good at the beginning, but by the end I was just trying to keep going. It wasn't as hot as it has been so that helped, but it's still humid. Chris fights me with centers and it gets old. I wish he would just accept what he is required to do and not resist it every single time. Sigh.
Tuesday August 4
We went swimming in the morning, Tuesday mornings are a good time to go since the pool is cleaned on Monday, so it is the cleanest it can be. I quickly showered and at lunch then ran some errands. I stopped at the music store, Ross to return some shoes and then to the library. I also got the tires rotated and balanced.
I'm working on sewing some masks. I found some scrap material and washed it. Then I printed off a pattern from the Church's website. Now to start cutting and sewing.
I had book club in the evening, we talked about The Silent Patient. It was a psycho thriller book. I liked it ok. The story was intriguing but the language was bad and it made me feel anxious a bit at times.
Damon came home today, all during the evening we were texting as he was waiting in the airport. He went in with Stefan and then had to wait for his flight by himself. His original flight was supposed to be before Stefan's but they switched it. So he waited for 3 hours. Including having his flight delayed and his gate switched. He didn't like that so much, but eventually he landed here at 11:05 PM. Doug went and picked him up. It was good to have him home.
Some random pictures: The kids always line up their Lucky Charms when they eat them. Wednesday August 5
We slept in a bit since we had been up late with Damon. Tyler had piano and I worked on sewing masks in the afternoon. I gathered up what scraps I had saved. It was fun to see the material from car seat covers and stroller seat cushions.
We went swimming as a family in the evening. It was a nice night and the water actually felt warmer than the air. We played a game of keep away with Doug and I on one team and the boys on the other. Tyler had a fun time trying to get the ball from me, he was quite competitive.
My legs were so sore from my workout on Tuesday. I had done one of Laisa's workouts that I hadn't done in a long time. My quads hurt when I move. I was hoping that walking and running would help loosen them up. Doug and I went on our mile walk and then I ran for about 10 minutes on the treadmill. I felt energized after and helped Doug set up a Sign Up Genius for the ward to sign up to go to church.
Doug is so busy right now and stressed. I try to help out when I can, but he doesn't accept much help. We need more time in the day to get everything done.
Thursday August 6
Well, it's been two years since my dad died. Crazy. Honestly most days I'm so busy that I'm not allowed to miss him. But I think of him when I run in the morning and every time I see a bird I think of him. He was the best dad and one of the most kind, selfless, hard-working people I know. I miss his strong hugs and smiles. So glad that I will get to see him again.
The girls had piano today, I almost forgot about it. I was at Walmart 30 min before their lesson when I remembered. I hurried home and got them over there in time barely. They are doing pretty well. We struggle with practicing sometimes, especially Jenna. She can be a bit stubborn at times. :)
Tyler and the girls had zoom meetings for church activities in the evening. The girls play guess what's in the box.
Friday August 7
Doug and I got together with Jared and Kari Shurtliff for a dinner date. We got Torchy's Tacos to go and then took it to their house. We played games afterwards. It was nice to get out and play with just the four of us.
Saturday August 8
Today I worked on reorganizing a bit. Because of Doug's big exercise gym in the office we had to move a bookshelf into Damon's room temporarily. So we decided to move it to the play room in the corner. However at first I thought we were just going to get rid of it, so I was trying to relocate the items on the shelves which meant readjusting things in the kitchen and sewing area. It turned out to be a bigger project than I had intended for the day, but oh well.
We enjoyed this large box for quite awhile, but it was finally time to be done with it. Lots of house play and the girls slept in it a couple of times.
No comments:
Post a Comment